Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Last 5 games of the Reg. Season -

5 points

One game into the PO's

2 Pts

What are we seeing? A hot streak? or is the player becoming more accustomed to the system, style and surroundings?

he's adjusted. and, hes moving his feet. a lot of his trouble was him standing still and giving up on plays...which i think was more about him not being sure where he should be. Also, I think he plays well with Nash..and Nash plays well with Stepan.

That's a good line. Will be interesting to see where Kreider fits into this team once he gets back. You assume he takes Fasths spot.

Kreider and Hagelin between Richards is interesting. 2 of the fastest guys in the NHL between one of the slowest :)

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
We saw a few good minutes on the powerplay.

I hope hes coming out of it, but the dynamic player hasn't been there at even strength. In fact, I think the Nash-Stepan-MSL line was the worst at even strength last night -- but Ill take it if the PP keeps delivering.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Didn't someone say it takes 15-20 games to get adjusted? I believe this 6 game stretch started in that range. This is MSL

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
We saw a few good minutes on the powerplay.

I hope hes coming out of it, but the dynamic player hasn't been there at even strength. In fact, I think the Nash-Stepan-MSL line was the worst at even strength last night -- but Ill take it if the PP keeps delivering.

not sure i agree with that. they created quite a few chances. Didnt Nash have like the same amount of SOG as the entire Philly team did in the first period?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I didn't see this game but I hope AV keeps the Nash-Stepan-MSL line together. Nash has shown to be the player MSL has the best chemistry with. I hope AV doesn't break that up when Kreider comes back. That Kreider-Stepan-Nash line hadn't clicked and it really thrived off one of the three being hot at one time or another.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
AV is a tough coach to adjust to. Just as we struggled out of the gate, similarly MSL struggled upon coming here. With a few games and practices under his belt, he's going back to his usual form.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Still think he hasn't been great at ES. Shoot me.

Nah I agree, he makes some good plays but the consistent dangerous scoring chances aren't there yet. Needs to spend less time along the boards, he's too easily knocked off the puck there

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
He is starting to come around and produce, which is a good sign.

However, I do have to agree with the others that he's been underwhelming at ES. And he still has a ways to go before he resembles the elite impact player he was in Tampa Bay.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He was decent in game 1. Still can be much better though. If he does hit full stride, no team can stop the Rangers imo.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
St. Louis has made some nice plays lately. He's not getting enough shots. Not finding enough free space. His game is still off IMO.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
This team has succeeded this year based on the strength of their depth and the fact that if a line struggles the other lines will be there to pick up the slack. If all of the lines get going at the same time then yeah they could definitely have a shot at the Cup

BroadwayHustle

Feb 27, 2012
not sure i agree with that. they created quite a few chances. Didnt Nash have like the same amount of SOG as the entire Philly team did in the first period?

Nash's SOG were hardly quality chances. He skated over the blue line and took a shot at least 4 times, which is good at times because of forcing a faceoff but that line didn't hold onto the puck and make plays nearly enough. Even on the 3 on 2 up the ice, Nash had a good shot but I felt like it was still played pretty badly.

EEL

Sep 18, 2008
HHI
He's still fumbling the puck A LOT! Sorry but at ES he's lost.
And yes I think he will pull out of it!

EEL

Sep 18, 2008
HHI
Nash's SOG were hardly quality chances. He skated over the blue line and took a shot at least 4 times, which is good at times because of forcing a faceoff but that line didn't hold onto the puck and make plays nearly enough. Even on the 3 on 2 up the ice, Nash had a good shot but I felt like it was still played pretty badly.

Nash totally throws the puck at the goalie rather than dump it in, I just hope its a strategy rather then a stat builder!

Wolfy*

MSL's goal drought seems to continue in the playoffs.

Maybe I shouldn't say that :sarcasm:

WVULax22

Apr 8, 2014
I truthfully believe that MSL is adjusting, and will continue to improve through the playoffs. He nets one next game.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Nash totally throws the puck at the goalie rather than dump it in, I just hope its a strategy rather then a stat builder!

any time a goalie has to make a stop, be it a soft dump in or a 100 mph slapshot, it's a good play.

Never know what can happen. brain fart or a lucky bounce.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If MSL is just adjusting and seemingly coming out of that adjustment period. Then I think the Rangers COULD be a real threat in this post season.

His vision and skill and ability to make some slick fricking passes is going to keep the Rangers PP a very dangerous weapon.

He's a guy that elevates his line mates and makes the whole team better.

Hope he can keep it up

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Points are great. He needs to be more of a threat at ES. Need to see that shooter's confidence return. If he starts putting the puck into the back of the net, we'll be very, very dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad