Waived: Martinsen

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hayden sucks, it's not helpful if this gives Hayden more playing time. It just means more sucking. /maybe im overreacting a bit/ ...but I don't get the Hayden love, at all.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I said it in another thread, but I actually like how he played this year, at least compared to what I thought he would be. Not going to lose any sleep over it though.

I think being completely out on Hayden is a little strong, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's anything more than a plug at this point.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I said it in another thread, but I actually like how he played this year, at least compared to what I thought he would be. Not going to lose any sleep over it though.

I think being completely out on Hayden is a little strong, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's anything more than a plug at this point.
Meh, Hayden hasn't ever really shown anything in this league, to me. I really don't get what anyone sees in him.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd give him the rest of the year, but without some actual improvements I don't want him on the team next year.
Well yeah, we aren't going anywhere so may as well put him out there, but I don't see him improving much from here. He's not quick enough for the NHL imo.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Andreas Martinsen does what he does. He can skate well and be phyiscal. Other then that nothing much worth noting.
He's 30 and on a one year deal. He'll help the icehogs the rest of the year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hayden played with Toews and Saad and didn't do anything. This really should've been a breakout year for him but it hasn't.
and Saad plays with Toews and hasn't done much either, should he be moved?

not using it as an excuse, but anyone playing with Kruger is not going to produce..I would like to see Hayden on a better line for a decent stretch, and give him some power play time as well..BUT he has to park his ass in front of the net and screen the goalie, get rebounds/tips..it is what we did with Jimmy Hayes for a time or two. I would like to see at least that, and if he does nothing then do what you want with him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

not using it as an excuse, but anyone playing with Kruger is not going to produce..I would like to see Hayden on a better line for a decent stretch, and give him some power play time as well..BUT he has to park his ass in front of the net and screen the goalie, get rebounds/tips..it is what we did with Jimmy Hayes for a time or two. I would like to see at least that, and if he does nothing then do what you want with him.
He had all these... I would like to see him get, moments during the season for awhile. He was given PP time see him parked in front on the top unit, did nothing and Strome being added makes him not gonna get that again. He played for awhile with better players in AA and kahun or Kampf for awhile too.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Saad has been fine after a slow start. Don't know how you compare him to Hayden.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Saad has been fine after a slow start. Don't know how you compare him to Hayden.
Saad has struggled the last few weeks, he has not been "fine" since the beginning of December I would say he has had 4-5 really good games and the rest have been meh...the point is players go through stretches all the time, I would like to see Hayden get the amount of chances Saad has gotten to show something..if you give him a 5-6 game stretch working in the top 6/9 and he looks pedestrian then do what you need to do, but Saad has been so up and down this year himself, more is needed from him too.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Saad has struggled the last few weeks, he has not been "fine" since the beginning of December I would say he has had 4-5 really good games and the rest have been meh...the point is players go through stretches all the time, I would like to see Hayden get the amount of chances Saad has gotten to show something..if you give him a 5-6 game stretch working in the top 6/9 and he looks pedestrian then do what you need to do, but Saad has been so up and down this year himself, more is needed from him too.

Hayden has been a zero night in and night out. I've missed a game here or there but I can't even recall the last time Hayden had a scoring chance to be honest. Saad can be frustrating but has played close to or at the the level that is expected of him, since the brutal start. It's not the same ballpark at all. Saad has a track record to fall back on. As a coach, you know what he's capable of and what he usually is.

Again, I don't know how you can compare the two situations. You want Hayden to get more of a shot because you think he can be something, which is fine, but he needs to show something to be given a shot. You can be noticeable while not scoring and in a limited role. He hasn't done it.

Hayden's last 13 games he has 3 shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad