Martin Straka Appreciation Thread

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I loved watching Straka when I was growing up. Such a distinct skating style and always gave it his all. Perfect Pittsburgh hockey name too.

I had the pleasure of passing through Plzen Czech Republic where Marty is from, and I'm glad to report he's well appreciated there. Stopped by their hockey rink and his face is plastered all over the place. Incredible.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
Seeing this reminded me that if Vokoun doesn't get into a game this year, and it doesn't seem likely that he will, that it'll end some insane 20+ years streak of having a Czech play for the Pens.

CaptainMckenna*

Was a huge straka fan growing up it sucked when him jagr Kovy lang and the rest were pretty much givin away but they brought us generation x and my username so that's cool

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Was a huge straka fan growing up it sucked when him jagr Kovy lang and the rest were pretty much givin away but they brought us generation x and my username so that's cool

Without giving the players for free, i doubt we land Crosby because new players means the team would do different things at different times. Maybe we won when we should not have? anyway, going way back then set us up for Crosby/Malkin.:yo:

Crozbar

Feb 7, 2010
Edmonton
99 Playoff series against top seeded NJ. Was lucky enough to get to a few of those games, he had a heck of a series. I'll always remember him sliding on his butt in Game 7 after scoring the goal that iced it. Marty was a fun player to watch and root for.

Man was that ever a fun playoffs. Those wins over Washington and Buffalo, so thrilling. I don't even care that that monstrous New Jersey squad of the era steamrolled over us after. Doesn't factor.

Straka was a very enjoyable player on a very enjoyable team.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Besides 66, 68, 87 and 71 he is by far my favourite Pens. Very underrated, personally I liked Marty more then Franchise. Loved Straka. Enjoy retirement

mgd525

May 18, 2007
He was a great player and so fun to watch. Straka was one of those FEW players that always worked super hard, tough as hell( not in a physical or fighting sense obviously) determined and just such a team player type, so much heart. He's pretty much everything this Pens current team lacks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad