Martin Samuelsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Martin Samuelsson had a awful year in Providence last year but dont write him off yet.

He still has Top 6 potential if he turns it around this year but most likely will be a 3rd line checker his whole career. He compares to fellow Bruin PJ Axlesson but with more offense and agression.

Vic Rattlehead*

This is the year for Samuelsson to show what he has.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
He is one of the biggest disappointment to me. I was very impressed by him a few years ago. He has it all.

I was particularly surprised by the physical edge he can have when he wants. He's really solid on his skates and can check better than I thought. Not a bad player at all and perhaps needed an adjustment year.

I was hoping he'd become a 2nd liner but now I'm not sure.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
I think Samuelsson is primarly a excellent third liner, but I doubt he'll ever get the offence to be a legitimate second liner. Yes he's fast but dosn't seems to be a natural offensive presence :dunno:

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
Bartender said:
I think Samuelsson is primarly a excellent third liner, but I doubt he'll ever get the offence to be a legitimate second liner. Yes he's fast but dosn't seems to be a natural offensive presence :dunno:

And that isn't a bad thing. To me, I'd rather have him as a third liner because I think he would be better suited to be a PJ Axelsson type than a scorer

pei_bruins

Sep 1, 2003
Summerside, PEI
Visit site
CrossCheck said:
Need more opinion here... Will he have full time job in BOS, either on the 3rd or 2nd line next season?

Unless the Bruins suddenly decide to open their checkbook and sign several high priced free agents, then Samuelsson will given every oppurtunity to make the team as a top 9 forward. I personally think he will be playing on the Bruins third line the next time NHL hockey is played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad