Martin Necas vs Robert Thomas

Necas vs R. Thomas

• Total voters

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm going Thomas here. I really like his game. Necas might have slightly higher potential, but I'm a Thomas fan.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
The depth at center from the 2017 draft class is pretty damn good. Lots of skill and potential between guys like Thomas, Necas, Suzuki, Glass, Patrick, Frost, Vilardi, Mittelstadt, Chytil, etc....Not to mention Hischier and that Pettersson guy although I think a few of these names have the potential to surpass Hischier

Last edited:

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Both very good. I’ll take Marty bc I watched more of him as a Cane this year and he’s my guy, but you can’t go wrong.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Necas.

I had Thomas going around 20-25 overall in my pre-draft mock before he was rated as a possible 1st rounder so i have been pretty biased for him and the gratification i got from being correct in his draft spot. That being said i think he's getting pretty overrated on these boards based on what he's actually accomplished vs how he's viewed by some.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Necas.

I had Thomas going around 20-25 overall in my pre-draft mock before he was rated as a possible 1st rounder so i have been pretty biased for him and the gratification i got from being correct in his draft spot. That being said i think he's getting pretty overrated on these boards based on what he's actually accomplished vs how he's viewed by some.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I’m not sure how he’s overrated.

You write “what he’s actually accomplished” as if it hasn’t been anything. He’s accomplished quite a lot so far. He’s a pivotal piece of the Blues and was extremely important in their Cup win.

Yet he’s still just 20 years old and getting better each month he’s in the league. So yeah, I’m not really following what more he could have done to begin his career. He is a clear #1 center in the making.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
2-time OHL Cup Champion
CHL Memorial Cup Champion
OHL Playoff MVP (Wayne Gretzky Award)
WJC Gold Medal
NHL Stanley Cup Champion
...Playing a significant role on all of those teams
And he’s only 20 years old.

I have no doubt that his offense will blossom as he naturally gains a greater role on the team as O’Rielly and Schenn exit their primes and he moves toward his. He’s going to rapidly become a regular 60 point scorer - at least - without the slightest doubt in my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad