Value of: Martin Necas to the Habs

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
I assume this is not going to be cheap. But the premise behind it is that with the Habs A) selecting Zadina, and B) needing a young center so badly, this could be a great move for them longterm. Multiple Canes fans have suggested selecting Zadina for the purposes of uniting him with Necas - this is the converse of that with the Habs attempting to do it instead.

Thoughts?

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Canes need young, fast, dynamic centers, too. I don’t see anything you have short of the 3OA that would move me to get rid of Necas....which, of course, ruins the premise of your proposal.

Easy no.
Considering the chemistry of that combo, would anyone be interested in 3OA for Lindholm? Assuming Necas steps in very soon. Canes essentially get Svechnikov, Zadina, and Necas together for Lindholm. Not sure I like this anymore lol..

Reactions: Unsustainable

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Drouin/Galchenyuk for Necas? Not sure I would do it, just would like to know how Canes fan would feel about this deal.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I assume this is not going to be cheap. But the premise behind it is that with the Habs A) selecting Zadina, and B) needing a young center so badly, this could be a great move for them longterm. Multiple Canes fans have suggested selecting Zadina for the purposes of uniting him with Necas - this is the converse of that with the Habs attempting to do it instead.

Thoughts?

Canes fans want Svechnikov. Check the poll on our board. All the talk of reuniting Zadina and Necas has been from random sources and it’s just pure speculation based on their history.

We will happily keep Necas and we will happily draft Svechnikov. Their is no moving Necas for anything short of a huge overpayment. Their is no need to. We especially aren’t going to move him for an older winger. We need a 1C just as bad as you do and he’s the only thing we have in the system that looks like he has that potential.

Reactions: Unsustainable

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Considering the chemistry of that combo, would anyone be interested in 3OA for Lindholm? Assuming Necas steps in very soon. Canes essentially get Svechnikov, Zadina, and Necas together for Lindholm. Not sure I like this anymore lol..
I’d do this with little reservation. I’d add one of our D prospects (Fluery, Bean, McKeown, Martin) as well.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I’d do this with little reservation. I’d add one of our D prospects (Fluery, Bean, McKeown, Martin) as well.

It’s odd to see a trade proposal completely slanted in our favour. Generally teams fans just want to rob us of the few good players/prospects/picks we have and send us their garbage in return. It’s a strange feeling being on the other end.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Yeah this is thankfully not going to happen. Lindholm is nowhere near worth that.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013

Thoughts?

I call bullshit on that. And no, Necas is damn near untouchable.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Canes fans want Svechnikov. Check the poll on our board. All the talk of reuniting Zadina and Necas has been from random sources and it’s just pure speculation based on their history.

We will happily keep Necas and we will happily draft Svechnikov. Their is no moving Necas for anything short of a huge overpayment. Their is no need to. We especially aren’t going to move him for an older winger. We need a 1C just as bad as you do and he’s the only thing we have in the system that looks like he has that potential.

I`d point out that in Aho I see a lot of potential for 1C. He isnt a sure bet, but the potential is there. He plays C for Finland in WC too

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Thoughts?

Absolutely not true. I don't think even 1 Canes fan have suggested, that, just other fan bases hoping that the Canes pass on Svechnikov. In fact, here is our poll and 93% chose Svechnicov, and the 3 posters that picked Zadina aren't even Canes fans (1 is a Wings fan, 1 is an Oilers fan, and 1 appears to be a MTL fan).

Secondly, Necas potentially fills a need with Carolina being a high potentials center and they are very high on him. I'd be shocked if they moved him.

Third, you couldn't reunite Zadina and Necas in MTL, because if you happened to acquire Necas, it would cost you the 3rd OA pick. ;)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Absolutely not true. I don't think even 1 Canes fan have suggested, that, just other fan bases hoping that the Canes pass on Svechnikov. In fact, here is our poll and 93% chose Svechnicov, and the 3 posters that picked Zadina aren't even Canes fans (1 is a Wings fan, 1 is an Oilers fan, and 1 appears to be a MTL fan).

Secondly, Necas potentially fills a need with Carolina being a high potentials center and they are very high on him. I'd be shocked if they moved him.

Third, you couldn't reunite Zadina and Necas in MTL, because if you happened to acquire Necas, it would cost you the 3rd OA pick. ;)
Shhhh they already offered 3OA for Lindy. Take it and run, man

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

As a Canes fan, I would take that and run. But value wise, Canes add to Lindholm for the 3rd.

But Lindholm + Bean maybe for 3rd?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad