Martin Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Can we maybe get to camp and see what we have before we ship off our 20-something Vezina Trophy winner?

From Rask's perspective he may want to get shipped out. He's essentially about to become Ryan Miller who won the Vezina then spent years back stopping a horrible team and eating away at his peak years.

If the Bruins are doing a rebuild where they are looking at a 2 to 3 year window-rolling the dice that we can get elite enough goal tending from one of our other goalie prospects then a trade may actually make sense if it brings back a roster player capable of filling one of the holes in the top pair D or top 6 wing. May be good for Rask and the Bruins.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Can we maybe get to camp and see what we have before we ship off our 20-something Vezina Trophy winner?

Sweeney and Neely don't play that hissy fit **** that Tuukka likes to pull showing up teammates.

He makes 7 mil per

He has proven to wear down with a big work load.

I don't deal him either , unless I get a big time offer, but the goalie market seems awful .

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Sweeney and Neely don't play that hissy fit **** that Tuukka likes to pull showing up teammates.

He makes 7 mil per

He has proven to wear down with a big work load.

I don't deal him either , unless I get a big time offer, but the goalie market seems awful .

You're talking about this like he does it on a regular basis and is the only goalie to do it :dunno:

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
If there's a year to sell on a goalie, this isn't it. When Cam Talbot gets *that* return, you know it's a buyer's market.

One of the most glaring issues facing this team going into the offseason was backup goaltender. Subban & McIntyre aren't quite ready. This fixes that issue.

In a perfect world, Rask plays 55-60 games a season, and a backup gets about 25 starts. That keeps Tuukka fresh, but you've also got to win a majority of those games (especially since the backup starts the games against weaker teams most of the time - the points you have to have in a tight playoff race). Martin Jones is a guy I'd be OK with starting 25 or 30 games (just like I was with Khudobin).

IMO, Jones is a Bruin in 2015-16, signed to a value contract this offseason, and gets the opportunity to perform *again* and show he's an NHL starter. And, in summer 2016, either he or Malcolm Subban will be playing for someone else. Having both Jones and Subban become valuable chips (with McIntyre in the system, too) if the B's have to buy OR sell at the deadline. If DS needs to add a top-flite F, one of the goalies can fetch a pretty good return. If DS needs to add some future, he can deal one of these guys to a team with goaltending issues (say, if Elliott & Allen don't work out in St. Louis) and again, get a pretty high return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad