Martin Hanzal Appreciation Thread

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
He carried this team on his back many times, which is probably why it needed surgery so often.

Good luck running for the Cup in Minnesota.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Marty was one of my favorites. I wish him all the best and hope he signs back on with us for next season. I expect our loses will pile up now. The team just always seemed better when he was on the ice.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Somebody posted the stats a while back of our W/L ratio with and without Marty in the lineup.

I will miss Marty beast mode. Good hunting

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
My 8 yr old granddaughter has a huge crush on Hanzal and is in tears right now. She might not want to go to the games with me anymore.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Don't think he re-signs unless they have a handshake agreement that the Coyotes will be there in the offseason with at least $25 mil.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Ol' Doaner welling up there in the interview.

So long Hanzal, you'll be missed.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Will always appreciate what Hanzal did. Wouldn't mind him signing next year but I also think it's time to move on from the old. Kinda torn to be honest.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Great player. Underrated. So severely underrated. Hope he's back in off season. After he wins a cup.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
One of my favourites. Confident he's gonna win a cup. Wild will be almost unbeatable in terms of faceoffs with Koivu, Hanzal, Staal and Haula. All four amazing two way Centers as well. Don't see a team beating them if they stay healthy. No superstar but a really good goaltender and amazing depth throughout the lineup. One of the best rosters I've seen in years. Go and get it, Martin. Gonna miss his beard though:cry:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Just show her a pic of Max Domi

Funny. She met Marty once at a signing thing and was taken by his size. He made my 6-0 son in law look short. I don't think that Max has that same gravitas.

Max is more in the "No ****, you're Emmett Smith, the football player?" mold.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
HFBoards favorite "3" C. Hope he manages to play 82 some day and tear it up as we all know he already does.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Don't think he re-signs unless they have a handshake agreement that the Coyotes will be there in the offseason with at least $25 mil.
I'm desperately holding out for this to be the case. I've always wondered how often GM's attempt something like this, it makes so much sense but it doesn't seem to happen as much as one would think. Seriously though if Marty wants to be here and wants the Yotes to be successful, it would be savvy on his part and on Chayka's to trade him and get as much loot as possible with the an understanding that they'll sign him the moment he becomes available to an already agreed upon amount. Basically you loan him, not trade him. Again I'm hoping against hope this happens but realistically I suspect Hanzal is done as a Coyote and that absolutely sucks as he is one of my all time favorites.

At this point all I can say is GO WILD!!!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
The rest of the season could be tough without him. Even if we overpay a bit to bring him back in the off season I won't complain, he's up there with my favorite coyotes.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Can we at least spell appreciation correctly
I don't apperciate your negativity. AP threads are like hallejokel threads in #HCanes forum ... a certain amount of it is expected.

Marty Hanzal. We'll miss you. You were my friend's favorite Coyote. But she also though Erat was hot, so maybe she just had a Czech thing. The hits on Brown and Petry, the fight with Benn, the goals. Like Yandle and Richardson and NHL player Derek Morris and Aucoin, we've lost another Man with a capital M. We need Hanzal's snarl and two-way play back.

Help us, Dylan Strome. You're our only hope. Next year. For now we've got Jooris. And hopefully there is a next year.

Snarky Coyote

Sponsor
May 3, 2009
Now with more snark
Marty, you have made watching a lot of bad hockey bearable. You deserve better, now go get that cup. If you want to come back would love it, but some things just aren't meant to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad