OT: Martin Bodrog - Navy Yard victim

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Forgive me if this has already been posted - I've been away over the weekend.

Martin Bodrog was one of the 12 people who lost their lives during the horrific events at the Naval Yard.

The father of three girls ages 16 to 23 started life in Woodbury, N.J., according to an obituary notice released Tuesday. He graduated from the Naval Academy in 1981. A devoted fan of the Boston Bruins, Bodrog was active in his church and taught Sunday school, according to the notice. In addition to his daughters, Bodrog is survived by his wife of 25 years, Melanie, whom he first met while she was serving on active duty as a Navy nurse, according to the AP.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...illed-portraits-of-the-navy-yard-victims?lite
130917-navy-victim-Marty-Bodrog.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

Friends and neighbors of Bodrog arrived at his home, all stunned to learn he was among the victims of the mass shooting at the Navy Yard.

“My knees just got weak,” says friend Ron Earley. “Everything about Marty just a great guy wonderful husband father.”

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...n-navy-yard-shooting-94131.html#ixzz2fHH5FGUL

God bless all the victims in this tragedy, but a special blessing to one of our own. A hardcore bruins fan.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Absolutely pathetic. Such a pointless act that results in the death of an innocent man, even worse, innocent people in this scenario...

Rest in Peace. Happy we were able to get the win for him, hopefully we'll be able to get a much bigger one for him soon. Condolences to his family. Stuff like this makes me sick.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Wonder how a guy from south Jersey got to be a Bs fan?

Rest in peace, Martin.

ETA - found the connection, not so different from my own:

Melanie Bodrog wrote that her husband loved the Boston Bruins, and "took great pleasure" in following the team, which won the NHL's Stanley Cup championship during the 2010-2011 season.

Bodrog's love for the Bruins dates from spending part of his childhood in North Andover, Mass., a town with a long tradition of skating sports. Bodrog also lived in Indiana and New Jersey before attending college at the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md., where he graduated in 1981.

From HuffPost.

Bodrog's older brother, Julius, said Martin could get along with anyone, even fans rooting for another pro sports team.
"He could put on a Bruins hat and Bruins jersey and sit in the middle of 100 Flyer fans and they would be fast friends before the first period was over. That's the type of guy he was," said Julius Bodrog, one of Martin's four siblings.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad