Marner vs Aho

Marner vs Aho

• Total voters

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
What if I'm a Leaf fan that wants to take Aho?

At first I thought there was a gap in the choices, but when I considered it a bit more I realized that "Non Canes fan: Aho" would cover that and "Non Leafs fan: Marner" would cover Canes fans who wanted to vote Marner.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
At first I thought there was a gap in the choices, but when I considered it a bit more I realized that "Non Canes fan: Aho" would cover that and "Non Leafs fan: Marner" would cover Canes fans who wanted to vote Marner.

Yeah, I posted that and then questioned myself on why I didn't understand simple english lol.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
I take marner I think he can be even better. Not saying aho peaked but I think marner will be better. If he wins an art ross I wouldn’t be surprised.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Yeah, I posted that and then questioned myself on why I didn't understand simple english lol.

I did the same, but when you think about it it's a strange layout.

Presumably the reason to break out Canes and Leafs fan votes is to highlight how much a "homer factor" influences the results. But by not also breaking out the "cross-team" votes, you lose the ability to accurately discern that aspect. It's possible (although not likely) that just as many Canes fans voted for Marner as Aho (or vice verse for Leafs fans) and we wouldn't know that from the poll results. We're kind of left assuming that all Canes and Leafs voters go with the home team player.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Nah. There are very few young NHL’ers I would take over Aho. Marner is one of them though.

91 point #1C playing with Teravainen, Niederreiter and Justin Williams
93 points #1W who has produced 92% of his points this year playing next to John Tavares

Next highest scorer on Carolina is Teravainen (currently not playing with Aho) with 55 points then Justin Williams with 41 points
Toronto has Tavares (66 points), Rielly (61 points), and Matthews (58 points) all scoring significantly higher than Teravainen

Toronto may be the only team in the league that wouldn't take the Center. Works out nicely that way for them.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Aho. Have to remember the canes effect which leads to their players scoring less than they would on other teams.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
One's playing C with mediocre wingers and has 70 points. One's playing wing with a franchise center and has 71 points. Hmm. And then you add the factor of Matthews who also demands attention from the opposing teams...

And I`ve learned that C>>>W if its close.
Leafs player >>>> C >>>>> W

That's the correct formula

I agree, let's look at stats:

Marner
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
Aho
[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
Tfw you're on such another tier that you don't even have to get more points to be on that other tier.

Anyways, since he's on another tier and Marner will likely get 9.5, you reckon 11.5-12 for Aho?

How is what either of these kids did in the past years relevant to their current skill level? Now is now, my friend.

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
This season I'd say that's a lie.

I doubt it. Marner scores the same as him and is also very good defensively. At ES and on the PK he's a puck hound and controls the play. It's close enough I wouldn't quite consider either opinion a "lie"

Reactions: thunder16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad