TSN: Marner on tsn: "We are grown men".

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
am walks, leafs lose him for nothing. mm needs to get traded; hes a whiny weak mental case and his daddy runs dubas and shanahan. the entire 3 amigo front office needs firing... 7 years later not one playoff win. 2003 actually lol. inexcuseable.

terrible cap allocation; this "team" will never win even one round! what a farce. heads need rolling.

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
Anyone see Marner's gold chain dangling the other day? It has a large "16" pendant on it.

I mean, he can do what he wants, but maybe wait until you actually win something in the playoffs before wearing self-aggrandizing jewelry to impress the Biebs.

Reactions: 63 others

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Anyone see Marner's gold chain dangling the other day? It has a large "16" pendant on it.

I mean, he can do what he wants, but maybe wait until you actually win something in the playoffs before wearing self-aggrandizing jewelry to impress the Biebs.

I wanna nitpick and crap on him as much as anyone, but by comparison to other sports, this is super modest, as guys there wear ridiculous jewelry to their draft. Plus, this might be a gift.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

:laugh:

Reactions: Malachi Crunch

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Just to keep my perfect prediction intact, next year will be the last as a Maple Leaf for Matthews and Marner will fade to oblivion. Leafs will start yet another rebuild with a new management team. All will blame the fans. That's like me blaming the dog when I let one slip out.
That's funny, MM fading, like his success depends on being lucky enough to play with Matthews.

I do agree though that if the Leafs don't go all the way this season Matthews is definitely gone. The Leafs will get a boat load on the return in both players and picks, and whether or not Mitch rides with Tavares or one of the new guys Marner will still put up a lot of points. The only way Marner doesnt lead the team in scoring is if hes not here, or out for the season because of injury.

Sundin I think holds the crown for most seasons leading the team in scoring, Mitch will likely break it. The kid can be seen as maybe a little flaky or however youd describe him personally, but his talent is real he's a magician with the puck in the Ozone 5v5. Certainly he's among the best in the league currently, that's not going to go away all of a sudden.

Reactions: francis246

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
I don’t think Marner is the problem with this team. I think he’s proven that whomever he plays with becomes the best line. Put him with Kerfoot and Engvail and he’ll even make that the best line. He has the chemistry to gel with anyone and make those guys smile and play hard.

Somethings up with Matthews for sure but I think he’s proven he can’t carry a line like Marner does. Matthews issues are he’s too unselfish and for some reason it looks like he’s easily shut down in tough games.

Nylander probably the most skilled on the team but lacks chemistry with other skilled players at times.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's too weak and inexperienced to play D at the NHL level. If he gets untimely delay of game penalties as a winger shooting the puck over the glass how much will that increase playing D? Plus his slap shot is too weak and he will give the puck away more. Keefe should just have said "no....you just don't have the right stuff for that, Mitch, so get back to your wing!" I give Marner credit for trying though. If he likes trying something different, maybe try him at C for a few practices and games with Tavares as one of his wingers.

A better question is why was Marner put on D in a game against a team on a 50 game winning streak?

Reactions: kevsh

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
A better question is why was Marner put on D in a game against a team on a 50 game winning streak?
He played one shift as a 4th F/D to provide some extra offense when we needed a goal with about 5 minutes left in the game... Not exactly scandalous.

Reactions: Gallagbi

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

You’re complaining about him wearing some drip? Who cares, and he’s not even friends with Bieber like that. Matthews is the closest to Justin Bieber.

Marner is just a normal 22/23 year old man, still figuring life out. Stop shitting on him for him being who is. It’s actually disgusting to see people come in this thread and nitpick at shit that’s not hockey related. Let him be who he is. It should have zero affect on your life. Pathetic..

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I don’t think Marner is the problem with this team. I think he’s proven that whomever he plays with becomes the best line. Put him with Kerfoot and Engvail and he’ll even make that the best line. He has the chemistry to gel with anyone and make those guys smile and play hard.

Somethings up with Matthews for sure but I think he’s proven he can’t carry a line like Marner does. Matthews issues are he’s too unselfish and for some reason it looks like he’s easily shut down in tough games.

Nylander probably the most skilled on the team but lacks chemistry with other skilled players at times.

Marner has never been the problem, he gets along with everyone on the team. He can drive play better than anyone on the team.

People need to realize that high skill comes with turnovers. It happens right across the league, but you live with it because those high skill players will get it back for you.

Obviously we’d love to see the turnovers come down but he is not the issue on the team at all. The issue has always been a lack of depth scoring. Our bottom six has been trash the last 3 years

Malachi Crunch

Sep 24, 2022
You’re complaining about him wearing some drip? Who cares, and he’s not even friends with Bieber like that. Matthews is the closest to Justin Bieber.

Marner is just a normal 22/23 year old man, still figuring life out. Stop shitting on him for him being who is. It’s actually disgusting to see people come in this thread and nitpick at shit that’s not hockey related. Let him be who he is. It should have zero affect on your life. Pathetic..
Relax, my friend. It was a half-joking post. Get some fresh air.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
People need to realize that high skill comes with turnovers. It happens right across the league, but you live with it because those high skill players will get it back for you.
Not even just high skill. Elite offense-driving playmaking. They're usually the ones carrying the puck, and you don't really create offense by passing through wide open spaces that nobody's around. Sometimes you need to take calculated risks.

You know, a couple years ago in the playoffs, they talked about this during a game. How elite offense-generating playmakers tend to get this label, because they have to take some chances, and casual fans don't understand what they're seeing. They see it not work one time, and so they proclaim "why would you ever do something like that!?", but then the next time the player get a similar opportunity, they do the same thing, it works, it's a goal for your team, and you go "oh yeah, that's why".

Except they weren't talking about Marner. They were talking about Kucherov... right before he won 2 cups.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

I’m still trying to figure out what “drip” is. Lol

It speaks to the quality of the rest of our D

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Speaks much more to the quality of Marner.
Never doubted his skill level.

I want to see him/them have success like they did vs Tampa game 1. Brought the puck to the hard to play areas and put the puck in the net.

It may have been the best game I have ever seen that team play.

Tampa adjusted and Toronto stopped going to the net and fell back inter their perimeter game we know and loath.

I don’t care who is at the helm if they win the cup.. but WIN THE CUP

Reactions: Anthrax442

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Never doubted his skill level.

I want to see him/them have success like they did vs Tampa game 1. Brought the puck to the hard to play areas and put the puck in the net.

It may have been the best game I have ever seen that team play.

Tampa adjusted and Toronto stopped going to the net and fell back inter their perimeter game we know and loath.

I don’t care who is at the helm if they win the cup.. but WIN THE CUP

Same. I like Dubas and Keefe, but even coach of the year for Raptors got canned, and they won the whatever cup equivalent they got with the new guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad