Confirmed with Link: Marner, Matthews voted NHL all-stars

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The Leafs were Kings of the North Div in the regular season and so having their players appear on the ALL-STAR team is no real surprise, as they piled up lots of points against the 6 Canadian teams.
Yes, Andrei Vasilevskiy, Adam Fox ,Cale Makar, Connor McDavid, Mitchell Marner, Brad Marchand all performed in their own divisions.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Since the pandemic created a once in a lifetime only, unique realignment and shortened 56 game with closed division play only regular season scenario, then overall it with have lots of *** asterisk *** attached as an anomaly denoting the footnotes and disclaimers.

An asterisk is a star-shaped symbol (*) primarily used to call attention to, indicate an omission, point to disclaimers & footnote irregularities or to stand for omitted matter.

So this years 1st and 2nd pandemic All-* (Asterisks) teams were announced today.

Now the true test will come next year when we return to normalcy of a full 82 game season and old Divs and you face all 31 other NHL teams and not just play the same 6 teams 9-10 times each if Auston and Mitch can repeat this performance. The Rocket Richard winner would have a leg up on being named to an NHL All-Star so I like Auston's chances as he is likely going to compete for that award annually. IMO

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Since the pandemic created a once in a lifetime only, unique realignment and shortened 56 game with closed division play only regular season scenario, then overall it with have lots of *** asterisk *** attached as an anomaly denoting the footnotes and disclaimers.

An asterisk is a star-shaped symbol (*) primarily used to call attention to, indicate an omission, point to disclaimers & footnote irregularities or to stand for omitted matter.

So this years 1st and 2nd pandemic All-* (Asterisks) teams were announced today.

Now the true test will come next year when we return to normalcy of a full 82 game season and old Divs and you face all 31 other NHL teams and not just play the same 6 teams 9-10 times each if Auston and Mitch can repeat this performance. The Rocket Richard winner would have a leg up on being named to an NHL All-Star so I like Auston's chances as he is likely going to compete for that award annually. IMO
There are no asteriskes.
NHL.com Media Site

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

oh for sure. I expect Auston to compete for Rocket every year. Ovi, Pasta and Auston imho what we should see again ( Ovi got bit of of-year, Pasta lost games due to surgery ). That being said I think that with the level of play he showed during the year, I see him winning during a regular season with those two competing up to their potential. Not saying he'll beat them next year, but I think this one would be his regardless of these circumstances.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
ihh3muj3ej041.jpg

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Of course, because there will be no physical contact/body checking.
The leafs generated more percentage of shots from the cycle and the forecheck than every team in the playoffs. The issue was that there was little "rush" scoring chances. So much for that theory but dont let a good story get in the way of confirmation bias.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad