Proposal: Marner for Pesce ++

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Wouldn’t trade Aho for Marner 1-1, same with Hamilton-Reilly.

Only part of this trade I’d consider would be an extended Andersson for a 1st.

I would love to see Andersen on a team that actually plays defence.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
It doesn't help Toronto this year.
It helps next year. It helps cap relief. It helps the right side and Toronto gets aho.

Toronto isn't going suddenly tank while still in a playoff spot by trading away these players to a team which also holds their 1st round pick this year.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
50% Cap Retention, plus Ayers. And take off a first from Carolina side.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Pesce + two 1sts for Marner with 30% retention

Only way it works IMO. Marner doesn't deserve to be paid more than Aho if he's wearing a Canes jersey. The Canes need to avoid falling into the same problems that Toronto has overpaying players off their ELC. Svechnikov and Necas will need new deals soon.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Let’s not overblow a loss to this extent. Leafs are not trading Marner, Nylander or Matthews. Let the cap rise back up and correct the mistake for their next contracts.

Tavares on the other hand I’d be listening in on if I was Dubas

They should be listening on everyone. I would say a handful of them played with heart last night and those would be the vets like Muzzin and Clifford

Last edited:
Reactions: Chompchompr

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Pesce + two 1sts for Marner with 30% retention

Only way it works IMO. Marner doesn't deserve to be paid more than Aho if he's wearing a Canes jersey. The Canes need to avoid falling into the same problems that Toronto has overpaying players off their ELC. Svechnikov and Necas will need new deals soon.

You can’t seriously be willing to pay that price for Marner, can you?

Reactions: WreckingCrew

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Let’s not overblow a loss to this extent. Leafs are not trading Marner, Nylander or Matthews. Let the cap rise back up and correct the mistake for their next contracts.

Tavares on the other hand I’d be listening in on if I was Dubas

TOR should not trade Matthews or Marner.
Nylander, they should listen to the return and not be close minded IF there was adequate profit.

Tavares came home.
Not good to peddle him off.

Wouldn’t trade Aho for Marner 1-1, same with Hamilton-Reilly.

Only part of this trade I’d consider would be an extended Andersson for a 1st.

better to do return of NYR 2nd for Hulska, who I am discounting in a combo package.
You basically need to get thru the next 20 games and hopefully the playoffs.
Presumably your existing pair can return. Hulska, who is a build piece to compete for the future, is a solid stopgap at worst to buy them time to heal up and get back. At best, you may catch lightning in a bottle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Petrus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad