Proposal: Marner for Chabot

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
Leafs trade for Chabot because they would still have offensive weapons upfront in Matthews JT, Nylander, Kapanen & Kadri.

To have two of the best young D in Chabot & Rielly on the Leafs would make the Leafs Stanley cup favourites!

The Sens do this trade to acquire Marner one of the best hockey minds in the NHL- most entertaining player to help put bums in the seats. Marner should be top ten in scoring every year for the next decade barring injury.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Leafs trade for Chabot because they would still have offensive weapons upfront in Matthews JT, Nylander, Kapanen & Kadri.

To have two of the best young D in Chabot & Rielly on the Leafs would make the Leafs Stanley cup favourites!

The Sens do this trade to acquire Marner one of the best hockey minds in the NHL- most entertaining player to help put bums in the seats. Marner should be top ten in scoring every year for the next decade barring injury.

Given a single thought to Ottawa's defense?

Imagine losing Karlsson& Chabot in few months and not even having a 1st round pick.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
As polite as I can be from a leaf perspective. No. Never try again.
So when someone makes an offer for one of your young stud players discussion should never happen. But when you want other teams young studs that fan base is being ridiculous and homers to say no.

This is not specifically directed at you but some of your more eccentric fam base

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Chabot probably has a little more value than Marner. Sens dont do this because their defense is already bad. Leafs however do it in a heartbeat, ur offense will still be good but u get a great defender. Think of it another way Leafs fans who is more important to ur team Marner or Rielly? Imagine adding another Rielly and Nylander can just take Marners spot. Leafs easily do this.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Chabot probably has a little more value than Marner. Sens dont do this because their defense is already bad. Leafs however do it in a heartbeat, ur offense will still be good but u get a great defender. Think of it another way Leafs fans who is more important to ur team Marner or Rielly? Imagine adding another Rielly and Nylander can just take Marners spot. Leafs easily do this.

Why am I getting baited into this ffs.

I just think Leafs would do this if there was a years worth of his 20 game production at least. As of rn both teams would easily say no I believe.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Right, from a value perspective, Marner > Chabot.

If Chabot continually performs the way he has started (or even close to it) then it actually favors TML. #1D > #1W

Chabot (6G + 21A) is projecting to finish the season with 4 less points than Marner (6G + 22A)... as a Dman... with way less talent to play with... and only 7 of those points are PP points (Marner has 8 PP points).

What Chabot is doing is quite amazing... and it's 23 games in (not a 10 game sample size)... but it's a bit early to put him on the same level as Marner.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
So when someone makes an offer for one of your young stud players discussion should never happen. But when you want other teams young studs that fan base is being ridiculous and homers to say no.

This is not specifically directed at you but some of your more eccentric fam base

There are several chapters of the Nylander thread, each filled with many garbage proposals for him, nobody is stopping it.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Or how abotu you move Monohan for him?

5 #1 defenceman! could you believe that!!!
U know u keep saying that old "FoUr #1 dEfEnSeMeN" meme from 3 years ago but literally no one says that. If u want we can talk about the Leagues best offense not being able to win a series. At least we were able to win one with our current core. But i dont wanna derail the thread anymore this is not what the discussion was about

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
The only time the leafs would ever move Marner is if their offense was superb and could live without him and they’re defense was horrendous, and also they’d have to be missing the playoffs like 2 years in a row.

I guess what I’m trying to say is Marner is never going to get traded, and if he was gonna get traded it would be for a #1 defensmen who is offensively sound but is too 5 defensively in the NHL; they’d be looking for a Doughty type player, but younger. I don’t know if one of those exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad