Salary Cap: Marner Deal Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Interesting comment from Shanny, he and Dubas met with Marner's agent today. Shanahan said talk went well and he believes there is a framework possibly coming together.

Would be best for the team the sooner this deal gets done so Dubas can move forward
on other fronts. Fingers crossed!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think it’s fairly obvious something will get done. Dubas did a decent amount of our minor extensions in season, and most our remaining signings will be dictated by the Marner contract.

So essentially, there’s not much for Dubas to work on but the extension.

The fact that Shanny was there is interesting. Could mean something is fairly close

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I think it’s fairly obvious something will get done. Dubas did a decent amount of our minor extensions in season, and most our remaining signings will be dictated by the Marner contract.

So essentially, there’s not much for Dubas to work on but the extension.

The fact that Shanny was there is interesting. Could mean something is fairly close
Thought the same about Shanny being there, could mean close and/or putting the pressure to get it done.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Dubas did say Marner was his #1 priority to get done before July 1. However I'm not expecting there to be an official announcement about his new contract either tomorrow or even next week.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If they could get it done by the end of the month I'd be ecstatic.

Yup, that would be awesome. Heck even before the draft would be great because at least Dubas will have a better handle on how much cap space he has to maneuver around then. The draft could be a time for the Leafs to swing a trade to relieve space but also gain some picks.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yup, that would be awesome. Heck even before the draft would be great because at least Dubas will have a better handle on how much cap space he has to maneuver around then. The draft could be a time for the Leafs to swing a trade to relieve space but also gain some picks.
Absolutely, so that's June 21st and it would free up Dubas .

As an aside, apparently Marner was 1st in endorsement money this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad