Marlies GDT: Marlies vs. Monsters, Series Talk | 4-0 Marlies | How does a team with Liljegren sweep? edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I'm confident that:

A) Dubas has the autonomy to make the move without Shanahans expressed consent
B) He wouldn't do it without discussing with Shanahan because he most likely respects their open working relationship and seems like a guy who values other perspectives
C) Shanahan would not undermine his GM if after discussion he still felt change needed to be made

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I'm confident that:

B) He wouldn't do it without discussing with Shanahan because he most likely respects their open working relationship and seems like a guy who values other perspectives
C) Shanahan would not undermine his GM if after discussion he still felt change needed to be made

Shanny has an eye on everything going on in the org, and nothing happens without him knowing about it, I bet. This is his dream job, he will not risk f***ing it up after the rebuild abd the present team full of young stars... If it was me i would keep an eye on everything too

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
That's a bit different. That was ownership pushing it to help with ticket sales, not Lou wanting to make a move of some sort and needing it signed off on
Two circumstances don't need to be the exact same in order to reflect the same lack of autonomy of even the most experienced and respected GMs in the NHL - Even Lou answered and bent to someone else's wishes when it came to the structure of his on-ice product.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Babcock isn't going to be fired to bring Keefe up. If the Leafs were to lose in the 1st round again next year, than it becomes a likelihood. As has been reported, Keefe gets paid like an NHL coach. It is likely that Dubas has spoken to Keefe and let him know that if he sticks around for one more year, he may get a good shot at being Leafs coach.

If the Leafs go on a run, obviously Babs sticks around and Keefe is free to go wherever he pleases. I'd imagine one more year coaching in the AHL with that salary with the chance at coaching the Leafs in a year would be more enticing that going to coach in Ottawa (and getting fired when Melnyk wakes up on the wrong side of the bed).

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Lindgren will more than likely be playing in the next round. Maybe watches the first game but I'd be surprised if he didn't get in.

It's the playoffs and you go with your best lineup. He was playing top pair in a men's league and won the Championship. He is ahead of some of our guys in terms of his development/readiness.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You think Dubas is just going to stroll into shanny office and say, "hey, I just fired Babcock"

Shanahan made Dubas GM when he knew it would cause Lou to go elsewhere and Hunter to head back to London.

He did that because he believes in Dubas’ vision. If Dubas thinks Babcock isn’t the coach of the team, he’ll let him make that move.

However, it wouldn’t come as a surprise to Shanahan. Of course they would discuss it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Duscak most likely, unless Rosen is healthy then it'd probably be Hallowell.

I would assume Duszak comes out, but if Rosen is ready than Hollowell should come out as well.

Lindgren played a top 4 role on a championship team in Liiga. He should be ahead of Hollowell in terms of development.

Pretty interesting “problem” to have.

Duszak has been very good since he’s arrived. Hollowell as well. Now we have a young guy who played a key role on the Liiga championship team come in.

Our defensive prospect depth went from like, 0 to 100 in the past two years really.

Reactions: Morgs

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Pretty interesting “problem” to have.

Duszak has been very good since he’s arrived. Hollowell as well. Now we have a young guy who played a key role on the Liiga championship team come in.

Our defensive prospect depth went from like, 0 to 100 in the past two years really.

I've really liked what I've seen from Duszak. The confidence he's played with being a new player on the team this late in the season has been amazing to watch. Imo he's looked better than Hollowell and that's saying a lot because Hallowell has been fantastic as well. I'd probably keep them both in and sit Loverde but maybe they want that veteran presence back there.

Reactions: cookie

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I've really liked what I've seen from Duszak. The confidence he's played with being a new player on the team this late in the season has been amazing to watch. Imo he's looked better than Hollowell and that's saying a lot because Hallowell has been fantastic as well. I'd probably keep them both in and sit Loverde but maybe they want that veteran presence back there.

I’m really high on Duszak.

A lot of people wrote off his season as being in a lesser division, but the dude has skills for days and is very smart.

He’s clearly made an impression on Keefe as well I think.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

A lot of people wrote off his season as being in a lesser division, but the dude has skills for days and is very smart.

Absolute stud. Love his IQ out there.

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
I'm confident that:

Every GM in the NHL when they want to make a move and are about to eat millions have to bring that up to ownership level to justify it. So yes it would go through Shanny, and then the board (or owner). I have no doubt with the Leafs if Dubas wants/needs to make a move he would be able to, but he does have to bring that up the ladder. This goes for major player trades, or anything with a large financial impact. I haven't heard or read anything different with any team in the NHL over the years.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

Sitting Loverde would be something if you had time, didn't absolutely need the win, you would do. I would love to roll with the
6 young guys, but I don't see it.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

I wouldn't exactly say I am someone who wrote off his season, but I think I was someone who tempered some of the hype he was receiving.

I think he can be in the AHL right away. However I am not sure he is someone who is a slamdunk, or even to be worth an ELC (not that I would complain that he did get one from us).

Essentially I think he can easily replace whatever Durzi would have given us, but as a free wallet. Durzi did not impress me at all when he was here, so Duszak has the potential to at least impress me as much as Durzi did when he was here.

Reactions: nuck

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
next friday

The NBA sometimes allows round 2 series to start before some of the final games of round 1 end of series matchup is confirmed, and same thing going from 2 to 3.

AHL should consider it. I feel like every year there’s this long layoff because 1 or 2 series’ go long.

I mean, it helps us, because we have a couple bodies banged up, but still too long

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
The NBA sometimes allows round 2 series to start before some of the final games of round 1 end of series matchup is confirmed, and same thing going from 2 to 3.

AHL should consider it. I feel like every year there’s this long layoff because 1 or 2 series’ go long.

I mean, it helps us, because we have a couple bodies banged up, but still too long
Maybe other teams should Git Gud

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Just a bit of information in regards to defencemen. Keefe said they have hard decisions to make. He praised Duszak and Hollowell, and are trying to get Lindgren up to speed as fast as possible.
I can't really tell based on his comments if Lindgren will play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad