GDT: MARLIES VS DEVILS - R2/G2 Friday May 6th, 2016/7:30PM/RogersTV/TSN1050

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue86

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
that's what kinda threw me. like... they get 3 in a row? that's... kinda home-advantagey to me.

I think 2-3-2 is more advantageous for the Marlies. It's extremely hard for a team to win 3 games in a row in a series, even at home. I know the NBA finals had that format for the longest time. I think they changed it because it's more unfair to the underdog.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think 2-3-2 is more advantageous for the Marlies. It's extremely hard for a team to win 3 games in a row in a series, even at home. I know the NBA finals had that format for the longest time. I think they changed it because it's more unfair to the underdog.

this is true.

like... sure you do that in a sweep... but it's still v. hard to do.

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015
The refs should just cut to the chase and wear Albany Jerseys for the remainder of the series, they have been awful. I saw one of them giving the Marlies bench cut eye after they won tonight.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Watching this game and most of the games this season, it's clear how bad the Marlies/Leafs need depth on defence.

They were giving up too many odd man rushes and too many grade A opportunities for the Devils. Bibeau had a tremendous game in keeping them in it.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
Watching this game and most of the games this season, it's clear how bad the Marlies/Leafs need depth on defence.

They were giving up too many odd man rushes and too many grade A opportunities for the Devils. Bibeau had a tremendous game in keeping them in it.
Brennan and Carrick are weak defensively but everyone already knows that, they're offense makes them valuable. Valiev and Percy just stink. They bring nothing. Holl is our best D (without Campbell).

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012

I got a lot of negative responses when I said that on the Percy thread. I agree did you see how bad he looked when he gave up that third period breakaway

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Brennan and Carrick are weak defensively but everyone already knows that, they're offense makes them valuable. Valiev and Percy just stink. They bring nothing. Holl is our best D (without Campbell).

You have to consider the Marlies are a development team.

Holl is 24
Percy 23 this month
Carrick 22
Valiev 21 this month, youngest on defense

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Great atmosphere last night. Passionate game. Marlies came out a bit flat and were outplayed the first half of the game.

Got to shake Shannahan's hand.

Good night all in all.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I was at the game and the Ricoh was rocking! What a fun time! If anyone is still on the fence about going to a playoff game, just go. It's a great time.

The whole arena had multiple "Wedgeeeewooood" chants going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad