Confirmed with Link: Marlies sign Pierre Engvall to an ATO

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We lose exclusive rights to sign him this off-season (August I think?). Good time to bring him over and see what he's got.

His upside seems rather limited though. Good skater but his skillset seems rather lackluster.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
We lose exclusive rights to sign him this off-season (August I think?). Good time to bring him over and see what he's got.

His upside seems rather limited though. Good skater but his skillset seems rather lackluster.

In that respect, he reminds me of a Stalberg or Berezin type. Skating is his asset, shot is pretty decent, the rest is limited.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nothing wrong with a big body that can skate. If he can be hard on the boards and in the corners, he may be a good fourth liner

TheKingSlayer

He was in the way!
Mar 12, 2008
Ottawa
There are too few, truly effective big bodied crash and bangers. This Leafs team would really benefit from a smart with some skill on the left side to compliment our skilled wingers. As another poster pointed out, our depth chart moving forward should be

xxx - Matthews - Nylander
xxx - Kadri - Marner

Fill in the rest.

That is an excellent 4 forwards to base your team around. Slot in the Kapanens and Leivos for additional skill and the bangers like Hyman, Soshnikov and maybe Engvall and your team becomes very well balanced. Just need to work on the blue line!

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
In that respect, he reminds me of a Stalberg or Berezin type. Skating is his asset, shot is pretty decent, the rest is limited.

Berezin scored 37 goals in one year. He had good one hands and one decent outside inside move. But he could score. With respect, Engvall has done nothing to gain that comparison

Engvall comes off more of Lindberg type of player. A decent depth player

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Berezin scored 37 goals in one year. He had good one hands and one decent outside inside move. But he could score. With respect, Engvall has done nothing to gain that comparison

Engvall comes off more of Lindberg type of player. A decent depth player

I'm not comparing the overall impact at all. I'm comparing them as limited skill set forwards. Berezin could skate and shoot, and he was limitrd in literally everything else.

Pholus

May 23, 2014

Pretty sure his rights expire next off-season (2014 + 4 yrs since he was drafted out of Europe = 2018)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad