Confirmed with Link: Marlies sign goalie Ray Emery to a PTO contract

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I'd put those odds much lower than us winning the lottery.

My thinking is as soon as he is up to speed - a couple more games, he will be the back-up if or when Reims or Bernier are injured and then Bibeau and Sparks continue playing and developing with the Marlies.

If he's backing up because Reims is still injured, and if Bernier goes south, then, I don't see why MB doesn't go to Emery and give him a chance. This is a guy that talks non-stop about opportunities in life and you just got to grab them. I don't think it would bother MB if Emery came in and stole the starter's job. He's not expecting it, but, he won't stand in the way of it happening.

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015
Emery won't stealing any starting jobs at this point, he looks like an out of shape beer league goalie now. The Marlies should have brought in that Jack flynn kid they had at training camp last year, I thought he looked better than Bibeau.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Pull up a chair, there's a story here. Ray Emery was on a PTO with the Los Angeles Kings' AHL affiliate the Ontario Reign. Entering preseason, the Reign had prospects J.F. Berube and Patrik Bartosak slated to share goaltending duties for the Reign. However, Berube got plucked off waivers by the New York Islanders and Bartosak injured his thumb, needing surgery. Peter Budaj and Ray Emery were signed to be the interim starting and backup goalies, respectively, until Bartosak was able to come back. But then came a sad and bizarre twist of events. Bartosak, sent to the ECHL Manchester Monarchs on a four-day conditioning assignment, got arrested in New Hampshire on domestic violence charges, effectively taking himself out of a future with the Kings. The Kings, having traded their former backup goalie Martin Jones at the trade deadline, were left with one goalie prospect in their entire system, one Alec Dillon of the Edmonton Oil Kings. Management decided that since the AHL is a development league, they couldn't use up both goalie spots on vets. Coach Stothers had to release Emery from his PTO and hope he could find a spot on another team, and 23 year-old Michael Houser from the ECHL got the call to pack some flip-flops because he was headed to sunny Ontario, California to be Budaj's backup.

Before his PTO with the Ontario Reign he was also at the Tampa Bay Lightning camp...

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015
I noticed that Rob Madore got the start for the Marlies last night, was Emery released from his PTO with Reimer back from injury?.....Also
can someone shed some light on what the compensation would be for a player under a PTO at the AHL and NHL levels?...If any.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
I noticed that Rob Madore got the start for the Marlies last night, was Emery released from his PTO with Reimer back from injury?.....Also
can someone shed some light on what the compensation would be for a player under a PTO at the AHL and NHL levels?...If any.

Compensation as in salary or why a player woud sign one?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad