Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island
2a982dac-4cde-47ce-a0bd-584d4bf96978_text.gif

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It's like back and forth from San Jose to a contender. Too funny.

But I think it's Tampa as they're my favourite to win the cup, give him a Ray Bourque moment. Could say Toronto.

Reactions: Beville

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Maybe to motivate Tampa? But he should have retired after his 2nd year in Toronto, he's hung on way too long.

Reactions: Leaftors

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He would be an unreal acquisition for a contender to play extremely minimal minutes but to be around the players during games and practices. Most likely whatever teams that may want him will have alot of youthful players on the team and guys like Marleau are awesome to have for leadership.

It will cost next to nothing to acquire him and the leadership he would provide would be great

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I'd take him on Vegas in a heartbeat. We're dressing Kolesar and Reaves on a nightly basis who don't do anything at an NHL level other than hit.

Reactions: Morrison

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Marleau was so ghastly bad for the Penguins last year that every team in the NHL should just pass on him.

You'd be better off claiming someone like Vesey from waivers.

They probably will but a few games in Pittsburgh doesn't mean he can't provide solid 4th line minutes occasionally to some good team that wants to give their boys some extra juice. I just don't understand why people need to be so over the top to someone at the tail end of their career. He's been fine in San Jose with what they've asked of him. He's just a 12th/13th forward now but he's at least responsible defensively here and plays with some physicality.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Marleau would 'seriously consider' trade to contender ahead of deadline

This is obviously the last year of his career, and it would have to be an American team since to break the record he can't do a 2 week isolation. So does anyone want him? His numbers suggest he's cooked.

So the games played record is more important to him than winning? That explains his play the last couple of years. Just hanging on for an unearned gimmick of a record.

As an Avs fan, no thanks, not even for "future considerations".

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
It's a shame Marleau didn't retire earlier, rather than hang around until he's become basically unplayable.

A contending team simply can't play Marleau. He's not NHL-calibre anymore. Sad, but the truth. He's now going to fade out of the league, rather than going out on his own terms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad