News Article: Marleau nonimated as Lady Byng Candidate

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
ROR is only 5 points back of PM and MSL. That isn't much. I thought in previous years that there was one where PM should have had it but he was beat on points, not PIM. I am pretty sure that year was a Datsyuk year.

Yes, I was implying that these awards sometimes have more career-focus than single-year focus. Through that lens, PM has a better case than ROR.

For example, Lidstrom's Norris robbery his 2nd to last year.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
"It's an honor to be [nominated] for any award," St. Louis told ESPNNewYork.com's Katie Strang following the Rangers' morning skate in Philadelphia. "But I think my focus is on something bigger and better right now."

Notice that St. Louis did not specifically mention this Lady Bling award by name.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
I love how 2 of the 3 who "exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability" have either demanded a trade or held out and leveraged playing overseas to get a higher contract over the last 2 years.

People will look at 2 PiMs and give it to O'Reilly, but I really think Marleau deserves it out of the three.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad