News Article: Marleau nonimated as Lady Byng Candidate

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
There really should only be one, Ryan O'Reilly. I will be shocked if he doesn't get it.

ya this should be like the art ross and rocket winners, lowers pim totals without a major penalty being called on them wins, no need for a dramatic unveiling for this award. it is one of the most pointless awards in the league anyways.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Should just be Marleau and O'reilly. I know his antics were off ice, but St. Louis was totally unprofessional the way he demanded a trade to just 1 team. Screwed over Tb big time.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Thread title misleading. Marleau is not a **candidate** for the Lady Byng award, he is one of three FINALISTS. One of those three will receive the award.

<pet peeve rant done>

Congrats, Patty!

marleau2112

Jan 4, 2008
Toronto
ROR will get it for sure, since being gentlemanly means not taking penalties these days.

They should spice this award up with a series of trials in which the finalists' morality is put to the test. Skating the elderly across the street, dishing the biscuit to the hungry, record how many times they say "thank you" when the backup goalie holds the bench door open for them, etc.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
I spotted one minor incident each this year for Marleau and St. Louis that weren't Byng like. The MSL incident had nothing to do with the trade issue. No incidents for ROR. I wonder where Datsyuk was in the running this year. In terms of voting in the past an edge in points can trump lesser PIMs.

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Congrats to Patty. This is O'Reilly's award, though.

The weird thing is, if you look at the list of Lady Byng winners, ROR doesn't belong at all. I know he had virtually no PIM's, but he's not in the Datsyuk/Kariya class at all. Marleau's at least a little closer to that tier of talent.

SJeasy

Feb 3, 2005
San Jose
The weird thing is, if you look at the list of Lady Byng winners, ROR doesn't belong at all. I know he had virtually no PIM's, but he's not in the Datsyuk/Kariya class at all. Marleau's at least a little closer to that tier of talent.
ROR is only 5 points back of PM and MSL. That isn't much. I thought in previous years that there was one where PM should have had it but he was beat on points, not PIM. I am pretty sure that year was a Datsyuk year.

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
Well deserved, based on who he is up against he has a real good chance of winning it (most points out of the nominees, don't think it will matter that O'Reilly has only 2 pims)...but Seguin should have won it this year.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Well deserved, based on who he is up against he has a real good chance of winning it (most points out of the nominees, don't think it will matter that O'Reilly has only 2 pims)...but Seguin should have won it this year.

I'd give a lot more weight to 2 PIM vs 18 PIM, than 64 points vs 70 points.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

sequin is probably automatic disqualified for having a chance at the byng because of his misconduct he received in the dallas at carolina game on the 3rd of april.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad