GDT: Marleau Caniac appreciation thread 4pm

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
So now I'm really confused... I thought hitting someone in the head with your gloved hand was elbowing...o_O Jumbo starting to look better, that'll help. 1st period was the best he's looked in what seems like forever. elite passes. Mrazek should have gotten an embellishment penalty. That was pro wresting level fakery. He's lucky he didn't knock himself out throwing himself backward onto the ice like that. f***ing idiot.

Fine with this game, glad they got the point and played well for the most part. Nice to see Ferraro get time in the top 4 with Burns. Ferraro has shown pretty high level skill with the puck as he's gotten more comfortable so I would like to see him given even more responsibility. Kid is impressive. Simek hasn't looked good to me at certain times in a number of these games since coming back. Not sure if it's timing or what but his consistency in his plays has fluctuated. Hopefully he gets it worked out sooner than later. He looks good on most other plays so his still a net positive and better than Dillon IMO. Gregor is a keeper.

Because I brought it up previously... that first Canes goal was Hertl being lost in the D-zone. Both D-men were engaged and he came down and tried to double instead of finding the open guy in front (center's responsibility). The one part of his game I wish he would clean up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nth Turtle Reborn

Nth Turtle Reborn

Mar 15, 2019
Mrazek should have gotten an embellishment penalty. That was pro wresting level fakery. He's lucky he didn't knock himself out throwing himself backward onto the ice like that. ****ing idiot.

Only part i don't agree with is the punch, Joe got proper power behind that jab, it was a jab but with his shoulder and weight in it, he threw it with good balance, it doesn't surprise me Mrazek went back hard, the hurt was certainly more related to the fall.

Was there embellishment? I know Randy & the crew were giggling in their knickers but who knows if he was hurt, i agree concussion protocol was overlooked.

This loss doesn't hurt like the Caps game, the game had EVERYTHING, typical ugly start, Jumbo with a bit of fire in his belly (prior to 'the punch') Burns still looking like ass for the 1st 40min think the way the intensity picked up gave him some mojo, he felt engaged enough to pull out the patented wookie slide to block a pass, feels like a while.

Simek's play doesn't overly concern me, given his time out i think we should expect & ride any rust he's kicking off, i still trust him over Dillon. I'm glad PDB is giving him that slack thus far.

Applauded Dell, showing shades of prime Stars Turco out there, Svechnikov putting the Avery stick in his face tho' (thought that was a penalty NHL? No, silly Sharks), Turco woulda shoved it up his ass however.

Couture's move halfway thru OT, Ek65 feeding him short up the middle, the BALLS of Captain going sticklift forehand on the drive was impressive.

Back to the Punch, if that had been Getslaffs poking Dell, i would expect Dillon/Burns/Jumbo or anyone else fitting the height/weight restriction to drop that baldy excrement bag & trust in our blessed PK, same if it was a VGK swine or if they popped Jones (tho' i would smirk feeling Jones has needed a Diaz slap from anyone for a while now)

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Another good game for our boys. Falling behind twice and battling back to get that vital point in the standings. In a barn that is tough to win in. This is the Erik Karlsson we paid for. He looks as one of the best. Props to Dell for keeping us in through OT and giving our boys a chance in the skills portion.

Go Sharks!!

Reactions: Sandisfan

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
That young Russian for the Canes is f***in dirty. He tried to slew foot EK65 after he entered the zone so EK hooked his ankle and took him down at about 11:41 of the 3rd. Something like that is how you can re injure a groin. Someone needs to ring that little f***ers bell. Where's Scott Stevens when you need him...

Wait I don't get it... Are they giving Mrazek **** for diving? If so --- Canes may have just become my favorite Eastern Conference team.
I think it was obvious to everyone that he flopped. Dude deserves a Razzy...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I love that some of the response to the whole Thornton/Mrazek thing is to say Joe 'sucker punched' him.

Do people even know what a sucker punch is? Mrazek took his swipe and then faced Joe down the whole time leading up to the punch. If he didn't see it coming, that's on him.
Jefe, what is a suckerpunch?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
That young Russian for the Canes is ****in dirty. He tried to slew foot EK65 after he entered the zone so EK hooked his ankle and took him down at about 11:41 of the 3rd. Something like that is how you can re injure a groin. Someone needs to ring that little ****ers bell. Where's Scott Stevens when you need him...

I think it was obvious to everyone that he flopped. Dude deserves a Razzy...

Svechnikov has already had his bell rung.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad