Marleau becomes only the 8th player to reach 100 game winning goals

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
So despite his limited skillset Marleau manages to reach 100 career game winning goals with his goal against Anaheim. Marleau has been able to put himself in position to be able to benefit off of much superior players throughout his whole career and it's starting to really show off on the all time lists. When he was younger he relied on legends like Damphousse and Selanne to lead him to success. And after the lockout he got to mooch off of prime Thornton for 10+ years with incredible results. Now he's moved on to my leafs were Matthews will do all the heavy lifting for him and Babcock will provide him with plenty of ice time so he can climb even more spots on the all time lists.

Marleau is really the prime example of how much you can accomplish when you really put effort into something, even if you don't got elite skill to help you succeed. It all started when he beat out Olli Jokinen for the number 2 spot in the 97 draft and it won't end until Marleau finally secures his spot in the Hall of fame. If you take a look at the other guys with 100 game winning goals you can see that Marleau has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as those guys, yet he's still up there with them now. I don't like Marleau, but you still need to admire the kind of drive he has. Kind of makes you wonder what an actual star could accomplish if he had Marleau's drive and determination...

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
...if he had Marleau's drive and determination....and his speed, acveleration, and agility....and his size...and his great hands....and his defensive prowess.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He also hasn't been mooching off of Jumbo (only on the PP but most teams stack their top players on the PP).

Marleau and Jumbo have both driven separate lines during their time in San Jose.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
MelodicShockingDromedary-size_restricted.gif

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
He also hasn't been mooching off of Jumbo (only on the PP but most teams stack their top players on the PP).

Marleau and Jumbo have both driven separate lines during their time in San Jose.
Also not mooching off of Matthews as their on completely different lines with no powerplay time together.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

So thornton had no ability on his own line to help marleau? I am not agreeing with the OP. But saying just because thornton and marleau had seperate lines means marleau deserves praise for what he did when he faced weaker competition in those years as his own line because all teams tried to shut thornton down 1st and foremost.

Marleau then got to take care of leftovers.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Marleau is making a case for HOF for sure. I kind of like the longevity. It is impressive to fly under the radar and accomplish his stats. Maybe one day he will have the most NHL games ever without people barely knowing if he plays anymore or not. Well I guess the move to Toronto will put him in the spotlight.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This OP is incredible. He shits on Marleau’s skill and talent but praises his drive and determination? That’s quite literally the OPPOSITE of what everyone has been saying his entire career. Never mind that there isn’t a single word of truth in the whole post.

Look out, we found the reverse Jeremy Roenick!

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
So despite his limited skillset Marleau manages to reach 100 career game winning goals with his goal against Anaheim. Marleau has been able to put himself in position to be able to benefit off of much superior players throughout his whole career and it's starting to really show off on the all time lists. When he was younger he relied on legends like Damphousse and Selanne to lead him to success. And after the lockout he got to mooch off of prime Thornton for 10+ years with incredible results. Now he's moved on to my leafs were Matthews will do all the heavy lifting for him and Babcock will provide him with plenty of ice time so he can climb even more spots on the all time lists.

Marleau is really the prime example of how much you can accomplish when you really put effort into something, even if you don't got elite skill to help you succeed. It all started when he beat out Olli Jokinen for the number 2 spot in the 97 draft and it won't end until Marleau finally secures his spot in the Hall of fame. If you take a look at the other guys with 100 game winning goals you can see that Marleau has no business being mentioned in the same sentence as those guys, yet he's still up there with them now. I don't like Marleau, but you still need to admire the kind of drive he has. Kind of makes you wonder what an actual star could accomplish if he had Marleau's drive and determination...
How little do you have going on in your life that you had time to type out all this nonsense?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I wasn't sure if Marleau still has much left in the tank, but so far he has been impressive playing for the Leafs. Although not identical characters, Marleau reminds me a bit of Johnny Bucyk. Versatile, consistent, underrated players with clutch.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I kinda thought the OP was mocking all Marleau's detractors. Rather clever post.

Reactions: swissexpert

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
I kinda thought the OP was mocking all Marleau's detractors. Rather clever post.
I think so, too.
I don't know Mulletmans posting history, but this has sarcasm written all over it.
I'm surprised that you're the first one to notice...
good job OP!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad