Marleau #1 SOTW 1/19-1/27

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
Sounds like Babcock, I agree.

That said, there are a few of us around here who have been beating that horse to death for years. My one and only jersey is an authentic Marleau (with the C!), and I really have no motivation to get a new one. Marleau is the best player this team has ever drafted and one of the best two players that has ever played for this team. The hate he gets is absolutely stupid.

Sure sounds like Babcock to me as well.

WineShark

Nov 19, 2006
Napa Valley, CA

The criticsm came with the high salary, the "C" and the underachievement of the team relative to pundits expectations. A couple years of tanking on scoring didn't help either, especially with Wilson's last year, he just didn't seem to skate. Whatever the cause that should be behind us.

There is nobody who should argue that he isn't meeting expectations now. The most cynical should be pumped at his performance but really for me, to see skating consistently and as important, starting about 2 years ago he began to finish checks that slowed the play up the ice. That coincided with going to a rotating A and moving to wing.

Say what you want about the past, right now (and for some time now), he is playing at a very high level both offensively and defensively. Ignoring the scoring, he is moving his feet, winning races to the puck, digging out pucks from behind the net and along the boards, standnig in front of the net, using his body to get position on the wall and starting the exit, and even using his size on occasion to make a serious check to get the puck back.

Whats there not to like about his play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad