Recalled/Assigned: Markus Granlund and Joni Ortio, Ramo/Jooris on Placed on IR

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just saw as a notification from Flames App.

Both Josh Jooris and Karri Ramo have been placed on Injured Reserve

Argh. I'm excited to see what Granlund has improved on since his last stint. :sarcasm:

In all honesty, I don't know if recalling Granlund was really all that necessary. Unless I guess Hartley isn't planning on keeping both Raymond and Jones in the lineup. We could roll with Monahan-Backlund-Colborne-Stajan up the middle if we wanted.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Argh. I'm excited to see what Granlund has improved on since his last stint. :sarcasm:

In all honesty, I don't know if recalling Granlund was really all that necessary. Unless I guess Hartley isn't planning on keeping both Raymond and Jones in the lineup. We could roll with Monahan-Backlund-Colborne-Stajan up the middle if we wanted.
since it takes a full day to get someone to Calgary from ADK it is important to have a 23 man roster.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Anyone think Ortio will get a start on one of the back-to-back games? I think I remember he stole a game against Vancouver last year. I could be wrong.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Yeah, wouldn't surprise me to see him start on Friday.

They have said that Hiller is starting Friday so that would leave Ortio to start against Vancouver and hopefully put on another good show

Really curious about Jooris though, from last nights game he seems to have a normal level of jump to his step but now I'll have to go rewatch the 3rd to see if something sticks out

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Granlund is free! Hope Jooris isn't out too long though.

Excited to see Ortio. Hopefully he gets to start a few games.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Looking at the Sked, I don't think Ortio will play this weekend. We might have back to back games but also have a long break as well.

Unkki

Dec 23, 2009
Nice to see Ortio getting the chance, although at the same time I feel sad for Rämö. If I'm honest, Hiller and Rämö haven't been that bad, but there have been many games where the opposite goalies have been better. Especially during the longest losing streak.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Sounds like Ramo's injury is minor.

Pat Steinberg @Fan960Steinberg
Ramo has an upper body injury. Hartley says its minor and the news is pretty good. #Flames

Still hope we see some of Ortio though, if he makes it
Ortio still stuck in Chicago

Randy Sportak ‏@SUNRandySportak 37 seconds ago
Just chatted with #Flames Joni Ortio. He’s waiting at O’Hare in Chicago hoping to get out amidst the cold and the snow storm.

NBC Chicago @nbcchicago
Airport Alert: Nearly 370 flights cancelled at O'hare. More than 50 at Midway due to weather

NBC Chicago @nbcchicago
Just in: FAA reporting ground stop at O'Hare and Midway because of gate issues and weather

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00