Markov's partner.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
As the good news came in today with PK's new contract, what do you think should be our lines ?
Markov with with Diaz as in the past few 5 games or Markov and Emelin ? Or maybe even Markov and PK ?
Vote...

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Why change the top pairing? Markov covers nicely for Emelin and Diaz works well with him on the PP.

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Kaberle - Boullion
Diaz

PP
Markov - Diaz
Kaberle - Subban

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
5v5 - Emelin
PP - Diaz
EN - PK

Depending on things go, PK might pair with Markov. But it won't be to start. I think PK might start on the third pairing to get him slowly back into the rhythm. Then he'd be put on the 2nd with Gorges. Then again, PK might just be put wth Gorge to start if they're going to share PP.

hogtownhabsfan*

Markov-Emelin has been excellent so far. Gorges-Subban was excellent last year.

Nothing wrong with 2 great defensive pairings.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
ES
Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Bouillon-Diaz

PP
Markov-Diaz
Subban-Bouillon

PK
Gorges - Emelin
Markov - Subban

Davebo*

Has Emelin been with Markov 5 on 5 so far this season? Or was it Diaz?

Whatever's been working - stick with that. :nod:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Has to be Emelin 5 on 5 and with Diaz on the PP. So far those pairings have worked well so no need messing with them.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Emelin Markov has worked very well so far, no reason to mess with success.

PK back with Gorges?

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Markov with Emelin and Subban with Gorges,

Emelin has been great this year, don't see many big hits because he isn't getting out of position to throw them. Subban and Gorges really one of the best pairings last year. I don't mind if we put Subban and Markov on the pp together, but only if the pp struggles, its just too good right now with Markov and Diaz. Plus Markov and Subban on different pairs, means that one of them is on the ice for pretty much 50+ min of a game.

Sant

Dec 3, 2008
montreal
i couldnt tell if the poll was about markovs PP partner or even stength partner.... confusing poll

5 on 5 gotta be emelin

PP him and diaz are working keep em together

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
Emelin has been great this year, don't see many big hits because he isn't getting out of position to throw them.

I think it might also have something to do with his mangled face. It probably hurts a ton to lay out a big hit while he's injured.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
You think you're confused? I saw the title of the thread and thought it was an expose about Markov dating Elton John.

Sorry, couldn't resist:

8427592388_0b249512f3_z.jpg

Habs' top pairing D ;)

hsing

Jan 10, 2008
i would like to see him play with gorges. Not only would that give us a pretty nice first pair, but would allow emelin to play on his left-side with smaller responsabilities.

Markov - Gorges
Bouillon - Subban
Emelin - Diaz

kaberle

Bouillon and Emelin could be swapped depending of the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad