Mark Streit

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Streit is not exactly looking rejuvenated at the WCH so far. Pretty mediocre showing so far. The game is getting faster while he is getting older.
I doubt he attracts much attention right now.

A conditional 2nd round pick or a 3rd round pick and a half decent AHL prospect or late pick is all I would expect at the TDL. Still a good return.

Yet when we got him they kept pitching the fact that he didn't have a lot of NHL mileage despite his age..

When you reach a certain age if you don't train like Jagr....the game starts passing you by more regardless.

I also have been watching Streit. Does seem mediocre thus far ....we will see if he picks it up. Too soon to judge.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He did score 108 points in 186 games games before he got injured just before his 38th birthday.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Like I said..too soon to judge. But injuries don't help going forward at his age either...he was productive for the amount of time we have had him until the injury. True..

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm not concerned about a 38 year old veteran d man not doing well in pre-pre-season on "Team Europe." I understand people might worry about his injury plagued campaign last year being the start of a precipitous decline, but so long as he isn't injured and until the calendar starts moving into Oct-Nov, I'm not particularly worried.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Team Europe is like an NHL team going up against All-Star teams in this tournament essentially. They have multiple guys on the team who are lower lineup caliber players with their NHL team playing in this (Streit being one of them). Hell they even have two guys in Erhoff & Seidenberg who aren't even employed by anybody right now. Unlike with their NHL team though these guys aren't going to catch many breaks in regards to who they're going up against. A third or fourth line in this tournament could be stacked with top six caliber players in it & a bottom pairing can have top four caliber players playing in as well. The playing field isn't even close to being leveled in this in most cases for Team Europe.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Team Europe is like an NHL team going up against All-Star teams in this tournament essentially. They have multiple guys on the team who are lower lineup caliber players with their NHL team playing in this (Streit being one of them). Hell they even have two guys in Erhoff & Seidenberg who aren't even employed by anybody right now. Unlike with their NHL team though these guys aren't going to catch many breaks in regards to who they're going up against. A third or fourth line in this tournament could be stacked with top six caliber players in it & a bottom pairing can have top four caliber players playing in as well. The playing field isn't even close to being leveled in this in most cases for Team Europe.

If TE is a disaster on the ice, it might be best to go to six teams for the next World Cup.

-Two warmup games
-Five round robin games
-The top two teams play a best of three finals series

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Team Europe has to be among the worst hockey constructs I have ever witnessed in my lifetime.....

I kinda thought that also but Team Europe has surprised me, especially with the defensive play of Josi, Sekera, Seidenberg, and Ehrhoff.

Streit hasn't played all that well in the World Cup of Hockey Tournament, I just wonder if its conditioning or if he's still not 100% from the injury last season. Or age could just be catching up with Mark Streit and it may take longer for Streit to get into game shape.

If Streit plays like this for the Flyers this season he could be traded way before the trade deadline.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Presuming povorov makes the roster streits role should be pretty limited by the end of the year. Heading into the playoffs with a young d a guy with his experience will be valuable depth. There's alot of things to be determined with no games played but i wouldnt sell low on him. If it's just about moving a guy to free up a roster spot i look to Schultz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad