Mark Streit

TheBlackFish

Jun 22, 2016
I see the flyers taking a play out of the eagles playbook here. With almost every NHL team's #1 offensive defenseman playing in the world cup there is bound to be an injury to one of them and a hole to fill on a power play unit.

Prediction: Streit gets moved for 5th at the start of preseason and MacDonald stays on the NHL roster.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
I think he is worth at least a 3rd personally.
And sure if Hextall can find the right bidder why not move him.

TDL he will be worth more if healthy and the Flyers do not need cap space so no reason to rush him out for a 5th

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
I see the flyers taking a play out of the eagles playbook here. With almost every NHL team's #1 offensive defenseman playing in the world cup there is bound to be an injury to one of them and a hole to fill on a power play unit.

Prediction: Streit gets moved for 5th at the start of preseason and MacDonald stays on the NHL roster.

Well Mr. Tully I can't really comment on the Eagles playbook as I don't follow them closely but if Streit has a good/decent tournament he should fetch a 2nd or 3rd rnd pick in return. I'd be OK moving him for that but any less and I'd rather just keep him for this final year.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
With Del Zotto back and Ghost as powerplay guys along with the amount of D we have, i'd be good with moving Streit but your value is off. Worth more than a 5th.

Something will get done with the defense, especially if Provorov has a great camp.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
With Del Zotto back and Ghost as powerplay guys along with the amount of D we have, i'd be good with moving Streit but your value is off. Worth more than a 5th.

Something will get done with the defense, especially if Provorov has a great camp.

Yeah, he's in the last year of his contract, and while he isn't what he used to be, he's still a top four guy with PP skills. That will be attractive to someone. He's not going to get the first that I believe he could have gotten if the Flyers really tried to move him the last couple years, but there's no reason to move him for a fifth and no reason the Flyers can't get more.

Also, is your username a Heroes reference?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Which one of these teams has room for Streit's $5.25m cap hit? If we're retaining, then a 5th is not even close to being good value.

Not to mention Gudas is already hurt and will miss most if not all of preseason. If we are lucky enough to get no more injuries on defense in the next month the opening night D could still be:

MDZ-Ghost
Schultz-Streit
Provorov-MacDonald
Manning

Last edited:

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
Which one of these teams has room for Streit's $52.5m cap hit? If we're retaining, then a 5th is not even close to being good value.

Not to mention Gudas is already hurt and will most most if not all of preseason. If we are lucky enough to get no more injuries on defense in the next month the opening night D could still be:

MDZ-Ghost
Schultz-Streit
Provorov-MacDonald
Manning

Wow 52 million? I dont think anyone has that much room!

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004

No, although I am familiar with the character and the reference. I watched Heroes pretty heavily the first few seasons.

Danko is my last name.

Also i am not related to Rick Danko from the Band or Donnie Danko from High Times.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
With almost every NHL team's #1 offensive defenseman playing in the world cup there is bound to be an injury to one of them
with a minimum of 3 games and a max of 7 games in this tourny [with most teams playing 4 games max], I don't think you'll see oodles of injuries

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Streit is not exactly looking rejuvenated at the WCH so far. Pretty mediocre showing so far. The game is getting faster while he is getting older.
I doubt he attracts much attention right now.

A conditional 2nd round pick or a 3rd round pick and a half decent AHL prospect or late pick is all I would expect at the TDL. Still a good return.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
His cap hit will be so much easier for a team to absorb closer to the deadline that I'm not even thinking about trading him in 2016.

TheBlackFish

Jun 22, 2016

Game of Thrones

Loneill27,
That's typical of a Lannister to over value their assets.

I do agree he could get more than a 5th but he's looked bad in the world cup and the idea is to make room for the young guys, not cash in on an asset we aren't using fully. 3rd is fair value at this point, 4 or 5 just to get it done and have cap flexibility to pursue a winger if worthwhile to content

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
No, although I am familiar with the character and the reference. I watched Heroes pretty heavily the first few seasons.

Danko is my last name.

Also i am not related to Rick Danko from the Band or Donnie Danko from High Times.

lol... I definitely would have asked.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
With all the comments i see about Streits value, youre all gonna be surprised by the package Hextall holds out for. We might even get a 1st for him

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Probably a similar situation to Schenn last year & how they handled it I think. I think you're realistically looking at a third round return there with some salary/retained too.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

I personally won't accept anything less than Riverrun

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Danko is my last name.

How about the one, the only... the Mango Kid?

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
When judging Streit during the world cup remember that he is on arguably the worst team in the tournament and they are playing teams littered in talent. That's a situation where lots of defenceman would be made to look bad.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
If he can be traded for any measure of a positive return (even a late pick) I'm very fine with that. If he can be traded for a 2nd or more I'll be ecstatic.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Streit has generally been a slow starter, so it wouldn't surprise me if he wouldn't do well in the tournament.

Plus, it's not like he was all that excited to play in it, but it's very probably his last chance to play in an international tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad