Mark Stone vs. Jere Lehtinen

Which elite two-way winger you pick for your team for a playoff run? Both in their prime, with the t

• Stone

Votes: 30 39.0%
  • Lehtinen

Votes: 47 61.0%

• Total voters

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Since Bob Gainey won the first 4 Selkes, a winger has won it five times. Lehtinen has three of those and hes still the last winger to win it.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Nuge

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Lehtinen’s better defensively but Stone is better offensively by enough to be the clearly better player. Lehtinen was a complementary scorer whereas Stone can drive a line. I’d only take Lehtinen if a team was so good offensively that they need a shutdown defensive player more, and that’s unlikely.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Being an Oiler fan saw enough of both guys come playoff time. Both very good players, but have to go with Stone.

His offensive production in the playoffs as a member of the Knights has just been too much for me to give it to Lehtinen.

Reactions: banks

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Lehtinen was easily skilled enough to have played a more offensive role as well if he didn't focus as much on flawless defensive play. His offensive production peaked as a 34-year-old when he was playing more with Brenden Morrow and Mike Ribeiro instead of Modano.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I thought he had an edge offensively, but only has 60 point seasons in a high scoring era.

He has 380 points in his last 391 games and averages 73 points per 82 over his entire career. Lehtinen only had one season over a 58 point pace and he only played 48 games in it

Last edited:
Reactions: banks

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Is OP talking strictly shutting down the opposition? Or all around game? It's had to tell from the OP and what's currently being discussed.

I went all around, so voted Stone. If it's straight up shutting down the opposition, I'd change my vote.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Stone is Hossa-lite. So Stone, but Lehtinen is who I would want if I'm up one with 3 minutes to go and I want a guy to hut down the opposing 1st line.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Stone is Hossa-lite. So Stone, but Lehtinen is who I would want if I'm up one with 3 minutes to go and I want a guy to hut down the opposing 1st line.
Stone and Hossa are completely different players. Really strange comparison

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Stone and Hossa are completely different players. Really strange comparison
they are both extremely reliable in both ends of the ice as wingers. Hossa is definitely more prolific offensively. not comparing style, more reliability.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Stone. Very, very easy decision and I despise the Knights and don't like Stone.

EDIT: My comment was based on the title, not the followup by OP.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Stone is probably the better overall player.

Lehtinen was the better defensive player but Stone is good enough offensively to probably make him better overall. Lehtinen was like a 10 defensively and a 5 on offense. Stone is about a 7 or 8 on offense and defense, so just more balanced even though he's not as good as Lehtinen was on defense.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad