Mark Stone or Mika Zibanejad

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Have all you who voted for Zibanejad, want to change your vote to Stone?

better player is stone. Zibby will get more opportunity and have more hits and shots which will make up for a likely 5-10 point gap. If stone were a center and played with ryan on the top line it would be him easily but hes currently a rw playing behind ryan. I highly doubt stone will play over ryan. saying that stone is one of the hottest players in the league since the allstar break. hes putting points up at will

zibby puts up a ton of hits... i dont think stone does that. so despite stone being a superior player for your purposes zibanejad might be better.

I took stone, hoffman, Nelson and lee in my fantasy hockey pool. I'm destroying it along with getzlaf and shattenkirk being studs

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Stone is getting closer, I agree for goals and assists and +/-, Stone is better. For PIM PPP, SOG, and way more HITS Zibanejad is better.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Preface: I love Zib, he's playing great right now and is developing quite nicely into a big-body 2C.

But... Mark Stone is playing like the 2nd best player on our team behind Karlsson. Every single night, he turns the puck over and generates a a zone entry or at least a shot on goal numerous times. His vision and passing skills are excellent, combined with a sneaky shot and much improved footspeed. His IQ is so high, he just reads the play so well and has a very active stick to knock down and intercept passes and quickly go the other way. No to mention he can work the boards like nobody's business.

This isn't a slight to Zib, it's just that Stone is so good lately that I would find it hard to pick Zib over him.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
stone makes a ton of space on the ice by winning board battles against multiple oppenents quickly. he would have been a nice fit with spezza and alfie

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Probably my two favorite players on the team. Zibby is developing into the player we wished he could become, Stone has been arguably our best forward this season. Wouldn't pick between both.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
The difference is the guy I want with the puck on his stick at the end of the game is Stone, no question.

Hockey sense - most of the time - separates the really good players from outstanding ones.

Libby's turning into this teams best centre at 21, which is huge. That's probably bigger than Stone becoming, arguably, the teams best forward. Positionally, the centre is so important. But player to player I go with Stone because he's doing more himself....doing more with less.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Zibanejad was my favorite prospect. I actually have 1/4 Persian in my blood so I've been especially rooting for him to make an impact.

But I just voted mark stone

Hes unreal, like legit star in the making. The takeaways are just getting silly. That alone takes an insane amount of skill and IQ, but he just oozes offense.

I'm still hoping Zibanejad makes a similar impact, but Stone is almost a surefire bet in my mind at this point.
I like getting stoned so I voted for Stone, lol

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
The difference is the guy I want with the puck on his stick at the end of the game is Stone, no question.

Hockey sense - most of the time - separates the really good players from outstanding ones.

Libby's turning into this teams best centre at 21, which is huge. That's probably bigger than Stone becoming, arguably, the teams best forward. Positionally, the centre is so important. But player to player I go with Stone because he's doing more himself....doing more with less.

Well put. Zibanejad is good enough that as 1C he will have more of an impact than Stone as a 1/2RW, but come crunch time, Stone is the better player.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Worth noting that, currently Stone has exactly same number of goals and points as Bobby Ryan - 18g,32a,50p. If Stone gets similar numbers for a couple of years in an row, he is going to be paid like 6-7 mil a year...

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Worth noting that, currently Stone has exactly same number of goals and points as Bobby Ryan - 18g,32a,50p. If Stone gets similar numbers for a couple of years in an row, he is going to be paid like 6-7 mil a year...

Ryan mostly got that money cause of the 4 30 goals in a row on his resume mostly. Plus he's a legit top liner who cracked 70 and has been carrying his line and was BEAST last year.

Although if Stone plays like he has does it repeatedly and with improvement, i easily give him 6.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ryan turned into a complete player after being an elite point producer, he's basically what a lot of people asked Spezza to become: sacrifice offense for defense

Stone's skating made it so that he had to be smarter than everybody else so he's got a leg up on Ryan in terms of "level of completeness" but Ryan has more skill: Stone doesn't seem to dangle a lot (which is fine)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad