Mark Pysyk

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
I always heard (no sources, just going from memory) in his draft year that Mark Pysyk was going to be a shutdown defenseman. In the Hockey News' prospect issue, it says Buffalo sees him as an offensive defenseman and powerplay quarterback.

I would appreciate some insight from people who see him/know about him. Am I confusing him with someone else?

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
He plays like wade redden in his prime, that's the style that it expected. Although I wouldn't expect as much offense.

He can log big minutes because he covers a lot of ice with his speed mobility and positioning. Very underrated over here.

One thing he needs to improve though is his
Toughness. He shys away abit on the forecheck

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Mobile shutdown defenseman. I've heard comparisons to everyone from Keith with less offense to Leopold, so basically a smooth skating positional guy.

Matt McKenzie was the offensive defenseman from that draft for the Sabres.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Mobile shutdown defenseman. I've heard comparisons to everyone from Keith with less offense to Leopold, so basically a smooth skating positional guy.

Matt McKenzie was the offensive defenseman from that draft for the Sabres.
I wouldn't say he's an offensive defenseman at all.
He's more of a two-way defenseman with offensive upside, just like Pysyk.
The things that seperate Pysyk from MacKenzie are Pysyk's skating and hockey IQ.

Jérôme Gauthier-Leduc, who the Sabres also selected last year, is about as pure of an offensive defenseman as you can get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad