Mark Pysyk?

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Buffalo fan here wondering what fans of the WHL could say about this guy? I hear he's a pretty mobile 2-way defensemen. What type of upside do you think he has, and who in the NHL (I know it's not exact but gives me a better view) could you compare his STYLE of play to? Thanks

futureofnyi

Jan 28, 2011
New York
Buffalo fan here wondering what fans of the WHL could say about this guy? I hear he's a pretty mobile 2-way defensemen. What type of upside do you think he has, and who in the NHL (I know it's not exact but gives me a better view) could you compare his STYLE of play to? Thanks

He looks to have the upside of a #2 or #3 defenseman...possibly playing along side Myers one day.

Jean Ralphio

Dec 13, 2008

The comparison that was made before he was drafted - and what I somewhat agree with - is that he plays like Wade Redden. It's been said before, but he doesn't have one amazing characteristic in his game, but rather does everything well.

Timbo Slice

Roaring back
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester
I'm pretty excited about Pysyk. If we don't package him in a deal, I'd be shocked if he wasn't playing in our top 4 in a few years.

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Very good two way defenseman. Very slick. Good offensive skills. Dennis Wideman (when he was lights out) would probably be a good comparison.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
I had him in my top 10. Criminally underrated. His decision making is phenomenal, and he's an effortless skater.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad