Injury Report: Mark Pysyk Reinjures his Achilles Heel

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Would love to get Carrier from Nashville. I wonder if he would be 2021-2022 Carrier with 30 points and banging play or 2022-2023 Carrier with no points and -8 so far.
Agreed.

The latter would hopefully be cheaper.

Savard was on my FA wishlist a couple of seasons ago. He would be phenomenal as the 3rd pair RD.

Chiarot - Seider
Maatta - Hronek
Walman - Savard

Next year Walman is replaced by Edvinsson.

Schenn would be a really solid vet pickup and he could be paired with Chiarot for a dedicated shutdown pair.
I'm betting Vancouver fans want a late 1st for Schenn.

I agree that's not happening.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
So this is possibly season/career over for Pysyk?

As far as replacements, I think Luke Schenn would be a great fit, with decently low cost to acquire. Plays physical, doesn't need to play too many minutes on the 3rd pair here, and is stay at home guy.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Dang-it.

A reinjury isn't that sweet and usually means long-term trouble. Hopefully he recovers and is able to be a good NHL player again. It's quite frankley questionable now with the type of injury, age, time-table and time away from the game.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Hey Guys, what's up with Vrana? When do you see him back?
Pretty murky. Pysyk was reported to have re-injured his Achilles, but there's debate as to how bad it is. Speculation has ranged from, "sounds like he's still practicing, so it must not be that bad," to "his career might be over."

No one really knows at this point.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Our third pair is thriwing currently. Don't need any upgrade.
Oesterle is doing much better than expected while playing his off side, but watching him play still makes me cringe. To his credit, he's +8, third on the team in half as many games.

Now that I said something nice, he'll shit the bed for the next 3 games.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Oesterle is doing much better than expected while playing his off side, but watching him play still makes me cringe. To his credit, he's +8, third on the team in half as many games.

Now that I said something nice, he'll shit the bed for the next 3 games.
Dude has been awesome. Pretty much my favorite player at this point. Doesn't make any mistakes and his goal is probably the Wings goal of the year. Should probably be our #1 defenseman.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Dude has been awesome. Pretty much my favorite player at this point. Doesn't make any mistakes and his goal is probably the Wings goal of the year. Should probably be our #1 defenseman.
LOL, quit mocking me dude.

He's still 10 ply, but he somehow looks OK when playing the right side. It's like opposite side, opposite play. You would think a guy who's a liability with the puck would be an even bigger liability playing the opposite side since the stick and puck are towards the center of the ice where it's harder to shield..... and yet somehow he's +8 with no minus games yet this season and only 1 goal against. I'd say it's all about matchups, but then again Hagg and Lindstrom looked horrible even against lower lines.

Now I need to find something new to bitch about, lol.

Just remember what happens when we say nice things though.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
LOL, quit mocking me dude.

He's still 10 ply, but he somehow looks OK when playing the right side. It's like opposite side, opposite play. You would think a guy who's a liability with the puck would be an even bigger liability playing the opposite side since the stick and puck are towards the center of the ice where it's harder to shield..... and yet somehow he's +8 with no minus games yet this season and only 1 goal against. I'd say it's all about matchups, but then again Hagg and Lindstrom looked horrible even against lower lines.

Now I need to find something new to bitch about, lol.

Just remember what happens when we say nice things though.
No mocking, my man, I was just doubling down on your strategy! I'm trying to sabotage the guy!

(before someone jumps in, I don't actually want Oesterle sabotaged)

I chalk his good play up to a small sample size. His warts can only be suppressed for so long. He'll be coughing up pucks soon enough.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
No mocking, my man, I was just doubling down on your strategy! I'm trying to sabotage the guy!

I chalk his good play up to a small sample size. His warts can only be suppressed for so long. He'll be coughing up pucks soon enough.

• Love
Reactions: jaster and MBH

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

I think he bought some of this stuff....

And this stuff for his puck handling:

or maybe he just needed to be paired up with someone that can (sort of) handle the puck?

In any case, I want the best players on the ice and he's better than Lindstrom and Hagg, so it is what it is. Hopefully that position gets upgraded next season because we don't need to see Chairot/Oesterle or Edvinsson/Oesterle pairings.

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I think he bought some of this stuff....

In any case, I want the best players on the ice and he's better than Lindstrom and Hagg, so it is what it is. Hopefully that position gets upgraded next season because we don't need to see Chairot/Oesterle or Edvinsson/Oesterle pairings.
But then what will I have for nameificationisms? I haven't even gotten to use Hittheposterle yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad