Mark Messier on the San Jose Sharks

Koivu84*

2003/2004 off-season, San Jose trades to acquire the rights to the greatest captain in history, Mark Messier.

Messier never actually played a game for the Sharks but he was close. If the Rangers hadn't given him an offer, What would had the Sharks season looked like with Messier in their line up?

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Err, Mess never would have signed with San Jose. It only had to do with the conditional picks in the old CBA. The Rags traded Leetch to the Oilers for the same reason.

hockey7749

Jun 5, 2008
Wasn't Mike Richter traded somewhere as well but never played a game? Was it Edmonton? I can't remember off the top of my head

Koivu84*

Wasn't Mike Richter traded somewhere as well but never played a game? Was it Edmonton? I can't remember off the top of my head

New York Rangers traded the rights to Mike Richter to the Edmonton Oilers for future considerations.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
New York Rangers traded the rights to Mike Richter to the Edmonton Oilers for future considerations.

Rangers also traded Leetch to Edmonton. I believe it had something to do with the Oilers getting a compensation draft pick when Leetch/Richter went and signed back with the Rangers.

With Leetch, the Oilers traded Markannen and a 4th to the Rangers for him because we already had Salo and Conklin. Then when Leetch went back to the Rangers we got a compensation 2nd rounder. At the trade deadline, with the Rangers out of it, and the Oilers looking at trying to make the playoffs, they sent that 2nd rounder back to the rangers (with a couple low level prospects) for Jussi and Nedved.

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
The greatest captain in history wouldn't fail to lead his team to the playoffs for seven straight seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad