Mark Katic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Default101

Being someone who grew up in sarnia and still follows sting hockey thoroughly i want to congradulate Mark Katic in being ranked 3rd Overall in the ISS 2007 entry draft perliminary rankings i saw him play for a period got injured but in the time i saw he's got great speed seems to already do all the little things right at only 16 he's already getting comparisons to Paul Coffey when he played in the OHL so alot of pressure and early expectations for someone so young, and the last time a Sting player was hyped so much he ended up missing about a season and a half with shoulder problems (Dan Fritsche) so it is alittle early to speak, but he seems unknown out in the prospect world and wanted to give him props for what he's doing beating out expected #2 Logan Couture and #3 Pick Zach Torquato etc..

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
Katic is probably the best skater I've ever seen (at least in junior). His feet can talk.

Transported Upstater

RUSqueelin said:
Katic is probably the best skater I've ever seen (at least in junior). His feet can talk.

I don't know, Jay Bouwmeester was the best skating teenage defenseman I saw play junior in the past few years.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
I compare him to Trevor Daley....same size, same offensive skills, same type of skater...but I think Katic has more upside than Daley.

Default101

TransportedUpstater said:
I don't know, Jay Bouwmeester was the best skating teenage defenseman I saw play junior in the past few years.

Fastest i've ever seen is Shawn Belle but i only saw Katic for a period last time i didn't get a chance to see his breakout speed so i'm goin to the Kitchener/Sarnia game on Friday so hopefully i get a good look at his skills

Transported Upstater

Ry-Dogg said:
Fastest i've ever seen is Shawn Belle but i only saw Katic for a period last time i didn't get a chance to see his breakout speed so i'm goin to the Kitchener/Sarnia game on Friday so hopefully i get a good look at his skills

Oh yeah, forgot about Belle...unbelieveable skater as well.

Default101

saw him play on Friday man that guy is like NHL 2006 when you turn the game speed to full it looks just like that LOL he can really fly, he got hit hard a few times once looked like he got injured but he stayed in the game he had a shoulder injury earlier this year his size is cause for concern i hope he gets some size to him over the next year or he'll have injury problems looks like Brule compared to other NHLers when he started he looked alittle small compared to others in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->