Injury Report: Mark Giordano, torn bicep.UPDATE 3: Basically 100%

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Sold who? Everyone is under contract for next year. Why throw away next year too?

Ramo, Diaz, Potter were UFA's. Moving Ramo is a lot less of an issue now.

And if they could find takers for Raymond, Stajan, Smid, or a big overpayment for Wideman, then it would have been worth considering.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.

And if they could find takers for Raymond, Stajan, Smid, or a big overpayment for Wideman, then it would have been worth considering.

Ramo is the only pending UFA with value, but who is going to be the backup, never mind who minds the twine in Adirondack. Diaz & Potter have limited value, and would still need to find replacement(s).

Not sure how long Smid is out for, but he's no Kane, nobody's trading for an injured Smid at the deadline. Stajan or Raymond might have been moved, if you want to troll the team and say "playoffs? j/k, time for the tank"

I'm sure if someone came with a massive overpayment on anyone, we're having a different discussion.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Diaz and Potter have zero value. Moving Ramo is stupid because it puts Thiessen in the NHL, assuming there was even a small market for him.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Oh man, that's harsh. I feel awful for Gio, after the great season he was having. He must just be devastated. All the best on a speedy recovery, Captain!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
You know what? I'm actually kind of hopeful about the team without Gio. I thought they showed a great deal of jam against a really tough Islanders team (the little of the game I actually got to watch, that is) on Friday. How sweet would it be if we actually did make the playoffs?!

And if we don't, then hey, it's a top 14 pick.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
You know what? I'm actually kind of hopeful about the team without Gio. I thought they showed a great deal of jam against a really tough Islanders team (the little of the game I actually got to watch, that is) on Friday. How sweet would it be if we actually did make the playoffs?!

And if we don't, then hey, it's a top 14 pick.

I'm still a little optimistic too (but within reason). No doubt Gio is very important to the team, but I'm hoping everyone can step up to the void filled.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
****.. Feel horrible for Gio. That's a huge blow, hopefully the locker room can recover..

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I wouldn't say 0%. The only team we have to beat is LA right now. And they're struggling as well. Both of us are streaky, so we just need to get on the winning side.

I don't see it. We're a different team without Gio. We won't be the same team because we won't be able to stretch the ice the same way. Our top pairing won't be as good, other guys will be playing more minutes than they should. I do think we'll play well and a tight game for a couple of weeks, but it won't be sustainable. You can't play safe all the time and expect to win lots of games. We'll be playing to not lose instead trying of trying to win.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see it.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I see no reason to be optimistic, not with how Hartley manages ice-time. Brodie, Wideman and Russell at close to 30 minutes a night can only last for so long.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00