Player Discussion Mark Friedman

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Yeah I guess we profited from Pittsburgh not seeing a place for him in their lineup? Not sure what their RHD prospect pool is like.

BimJenning

Feb 17, 2008
Vancouver
I think it says a lot that the bottom 4 has looked a lot better with him replacing Juulsen in the lineup.

It's nice to see small, competent pickups that actually look good, I think we're so used to seeing all these horrific D pickups, even when aiming for #5-6s. Definitely starting to have more confidence in this management.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I think it says a lot that the bottom 4 has looked a lot better with him replacing Juulsen in the lineup.

It's nice to see small, competent pickups that actually look good, I think we're so used to seeing all these horrific D pickups, even when aiming for #5-6s. Definitely starting to have more confidence in this management.
Philip Larsen says hi.

ferroid

Mar 22, 2010

Lafferty at F is another example of this.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Rathbone is also off to a terrible start with Pittsburgh's AHL team - 1 point in 6 games and a -5.

Not a big transaction but they really turned lemons into lemonade with this one.
I was dead wrong on Rathbone.....really thought he had some 'Adam Fox' potential......both guys played for Harvard and put up serious numbers.

But Rathbone lost a whole year of development when COVID shut down league--and then a couple of frightening injuries playing for Abbotsford.

But he's a character kid and I really hopes he figures it out. But at 24, the clock is ticking.

Reactions: MarkMM

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I hope they sign him to a 2-3 year extension relatively quickly. Lock him in at $1.1-1.5m or something.
If they let him go to UFA, a desperate team might offer him a deal the Canucks won't be as comfortable matching.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Rathbone is also off to a terrible start with Pittsburgh's AHL team - 1 point in 6 games and a -5.

Not a big transaction but they really turned lemons into lemonade with this one.

I honestly have to wonder if Alvin called in a Penguins favour on this one. Like you said, not a big transaction but we got a capable NHL guy for an incapable AHL guy which is a home run every day of the week.

Reactions: IComeInPeace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad