Recalled/Assigned: Mark Fayne Recalled

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I don't believe Fayne has been given even remotely the leeway of a guy like Schultz. Even Klefbom had some stinkers and bad stretches. I didn't mind him being sent down, showed good accountability but with Schultz surpassing him in suck I hope he is given the same treatment.

I really hope Schultz is on his way down or on an epically short leash.

Fayne is better than Schultz no questions about it IMO.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I don't believe Fayne has been given even remotely the leeway of a guy like Schultz. Even Klefbom had some stinkers and bad stretches. I didn't mind him being sent down, showed good accountability but with Schultz surpassing him in suck I hope he is given the same treatment.

I really hope Schultz is on his way down or on an epically short leash.

Fayne is better than Schultz no questions about it IMO.
I wonder if there was more to the Fayne situation, like locker room issues as well.

I can understand them giving Schultz a bit more leeway as he had an injury but that should end pretty soon.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
I'm glad to see him recalled. I hope he has a string of good games here to smooth things over.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
I'm telling you guys.. It's the flouride in our water that makes us so brittle!

Teams know we are soft as molasses and there are no ramifications for taking liberties with our players. McDavid and Davidson are both perfect examples of that.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
So assuming Davidson is out they're going to run with something like:

2 - 25
19 - 62
86 - 5

Well maybe we can start winning games again in 2016?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Teams know we are soft as molasses and there are no ramifications for taking liberties with our players. McDavid and Davidson are both perfect examples of that.

Yep. They know that the refs and league won't do anything to protect us, and we won't do anything to protect ourselves. Not a good spot to be in.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Why not Jordan Oesterle? He did not look too out of place his last NHL stints.

He is a better skater than Fayne, Reinhart and Davidson. At this point due to the odd injury on defence I thought he would have got the call by now.

McShiva

5-14-6-1
Aug 27, 2010
I'd bring Reinhart back as well.

I would as well. I can think of 4 defense men on this team that I would consider Fayne and Reinhart a upgrade to. that's pretty sad everytime I think about it...

I think the Justin Schultz horror show that's been playing for 4 years now is finally over once either Keif or Davidson return.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Yep. They know that the refs and league won't do anything to protect us, and we won't do anything to protect ourselves. Not a good spot to be in.

I am amazed at how brutal the officiating is in the NHL ... and given how close games are, the refs are the ones determining the outcomes of more than half the games.

For example, last night:

Goal 1: Schultz was being interfered with as he attempted to get back,
Davidson Injury: Clear cross check that resulted in an injury, and
Goal 5: Iginla tripped (attempted Knee on Knee) NN(?).

Those are just a very few examples! As another, in the last minute there was an Oiler blatantly tripped in front of an official in his own end, that led to a prime scoring chance from the point for Col.

This is game in - game out ... unbelievable what a joke this league has become.

What is worse, is the lack of push back from our soft as marshmallow players. I don't care if we win anymore (because we never will in this town), but I want a tough, physical team that punishes their opponents. What we have are a bunch of school girls on skates.

Fayne is another soft D-man that won't add what we need.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012

He is a better skater than Fayne, Reinhart and Davidson. At this point due to the odd injury on defence I thought he would have got the call by now.

I'd be against this unless he has put on about 15 lbs of muscle. My memory of Oesterle are of him losing every physical encounter and it wasn't even close. He clearly wasn't ready for the show when he was up here. I haven't seen him this year. Maybe things have changed?

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I'm surprised Fayne doesn't crack this roster. He was a top pairing guy in the East, even if Greene was carrying him.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
IMO both of those plays were not "liberties" being taken.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I am amazed at how brutal the officiating is in the NHL ... and given how close games are, the refs are the ones determining the outcomes of more than half the games.

For example, last night:

Goal 1: Schultz was being interfered with as he attempted to get back,
Davidson Injury: Clear cross check that resulted in an injury, and
Goal 5: Iginla tripped (attempted Knee on Knee) NN(?).

Those are just a very few examples! As another, in the last minute there was an Oiler blatantly tripped in front of an official in his own end, that led to a prime scoring chance from the point for Col.

This is game in - game out ... unbelievable what a joke this league has become.

What is worse, is the lack of push back from our soft as marshmallow players. I don't care if we win anymore (because we never will in this town), but I want a tough, physical team that punishes their opponents. What we have are a bunch of school girls on skates.

Fayne is another soft D-man that won't add what we need.
Like I have stated before the ref issue which has been going on with this team has been years now. Only way it will change if they are called out in public the team needs to take the fine. Ever since that La game a few seasons ago we have never had fair reffing since. Its so obvious its a joke.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Even with his poor play this season, Fayne is our best natural RD. Fayne, Schultz and Gryba..... PC needs to completely overhaul the RD. Our LD depth is pretty good with Sekera, Klefbom, Nurse, Davidson and Reinhart.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

The guy that makes Schultz look like the Incredible Hulk? Oesterle is in no way, shape or form ready for NHL hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad