Mark Cundari D

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
He hasn't been called up. I know he's with the Wolves but I'd like to see him called up soon. Dennis Wideman started Brodie's and Russel's career. Why not Cundari? I liked him a lot when he got called up last year. I've seen a few Abby games, about 10 and liked what I saw then

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
He hasn't been called up. I know he's with the Wolves but I'd like to see him called up soon. Dennis Wideman started Brodie's and Russel's career. Why not Cundari? I liked him a lot when he got called up last year. I've seen a few Abby games, about 10 and liked what I saw then

Tom-Hanks-orly.gif

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013

What the **** are you smoking, and why aren't you sharing?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

:biglaugh: Last time I checked, Wideman has never played for the Jackets or the Blues for that matter. Stop over exaggerating your opinions, it's really making you look silly.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Are you sure I don't believe you can recall a player on a loan (which AHL trades of players that have NHL rights technically is)

Yes, quite sure. He still has an NHL contract with the Flames, not the St. Louis Blues (Chicago's NHL affiliate).

Mind you, just the fact they loaned him to another AHL team is kind of telling as to how Burke feels about Cundari's future in the organization (he doesn't have one).

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yes, quite sure. He still has an NHL contract with the Flames, not the St. Louis Blues (Chicago's NHL affiliate).

Mind you, just the fact they loaned him to another AHL team is kind of telling as to how Burke feels about Cundari's future in the organization (he doesn't have one).

I believe if you loan a player to a Euro league he cannot be called back which maybe why I am confused.

I don't think Cundari being loaned means anything as he is doing very well in Chicago. Look at Gio when he had to go play in the KHL I bet not to many thought he had a future and now he is the captain. Cundari has a good opportunity to win an NHL job here again next year with a new GM and possibly a new coach.

THEWEST

May 12, 2010
This kid has been dealt a raw deal. He played 4 games, had 3 points and lead the team in hits when called up last year. Is someone trying to prove Feaster wrong before he is even given a chance? I think so. I would like to see him up a few games before the end of season, why not give an asset a try.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
This kid has been dealt a raw deal. He played 4 games, had 3 points and lead the team in hits when called up last year. Is someone trying to prove Feaster wrong before he is even given a chance? I think so. I would like to see him up a few games before the end of season, why not give an asset a try.

While he put up points, he seemed a bit lost out there. I'm sure he'll get another chance soon enough. I think the issue is that we've already got Brodie, Giordano, Russell, and Wideman up, who play a similar (more offensive) style of hockey.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

Cool story Hansel.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Brodie had his breakoit year last year. He played with Dennis Wideman for almost the whole year. Kris Russel has had his breakout year this year. His first month he played with Wideman

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Brodie had his breakoit year last year. He played with Dennis Wideman for almost the whole year. Kris Russel has had his breakout year this year. His first month he played with Wideman

Brodie has played well with anyone he's been paired with, Wideman is a good player but he is not the reason for Brodie's breakout play. Same goes with Russell, he looked very good in stretches for both the Jackets and Blues, he just never consistently put it together, I was really happy when we acquired him. Hartley's system is the reason Russell has flourished this season. Playing with Wideman has had an affect, but again Russell has looked fantastic this season no matter who he has played with.

That's great you get excited about our players, but man when you do player profiling do you over exaggerate at times.

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
I believe if you loan a player to a Euro league he cannot be called back which maybe why I am confused.

I don't think Cundari being loaned means anything as he is doing very well in Chicago. Look at Gio when he had to go play in the KHL I bet not to many thought he had a future and now he is the captain. Cundari has a good opportunity to win an NHL job here again next year with a new GM and possibly a new coach.

Completely different situation. Gio was never loaned to the KHL. Flames offered him a two way deal and he wanted a one way deal. Flames wanted Gio either in Calgary or in the AHL. Cundari's situation is much more comparable to Mitch Wall. Guys like Smith, Billins, and Breen repeatedly keep getting called ahead of Cundari. With Sieloff healthy next season and guys like Kulak and possibly Culkin joining the heat, I'd be surprised if he was in the organisation next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad