Tribute Mark Borowiecki Retires

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Wow. Congrats on your retirement Boro.

I particularly like the part at the end of his statement about being remembered as a good person being far more important than any on ice accomplishments. I agree with that sentiment and from the outside, it looks like he did that.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Dude was a stud on the bottom pair. Borderline reckless playing the style he did.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Warrior, mini legend. Always think he was robbed of his best hockey when he got injured in the Boston series. He was so huge early in that series early, and was the playoff spirit leader for Ottawa, they missed him. Whatever he does now, he’ll have lots of teeth to help along the way.

Boro was also the player that finally turned me 100% off fighting and into the “should be no fighting in hockey” camp. There was a season he fought a lot and in 1 week fought Reeves and another big heavyweight and they were mean fights and he fought a ton earlier that season - and he took time off and came back and spoke about the nerves and the anxiety of being a hockey player and it just wasn’t worth it - Boro shouldn’t be sacrificing that much to play hockey in his family neighbourhood. Even if guys are willing to pay the price it’s not a price worth paying

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hope he joins the Sens allumni he was also great in the community. I would also like to see the super hero duo of Deadpan & Borocop at the arena.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad