Confirmed with Link: Mark Barberio signs 1-year, 2-way contract

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Well, after that statement there is little hope for my off the board prediction of Slater making the team this season.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/2013/07/syracuse_crunch_barberio.html#incart_flyout_sports
Barberio had laser eye surgery on Tuesday to lock in his already keen vision and get rid of the occasional irritation caused by contacts, which he has worn for about a decade.

"I woke up this morning, I was able to see for the first time in a long time without contacts or glasses,'' Barberio said.
"I wasn't looking anywhere else. I'm really happy,'' Barberio said. "As long as they would like me, I'd like to stay with them.''
"I look at it very short term,'' he said. "My goal right now is to make sure I have a good summer of training. I just have to make sure I show up in top shape, bring my best so I don't give them a reason to send me down. You start looking at who is there (on the depth chart), so many things can change.

"They've said that I am close. They would like me to succeed. But just because I'm close doesn't mean they are going to hand me a spot.''

Barberio intends on grabbing it instead. He's in his second week of off-ice training with Lightning strength and conditioning coach Mark Lambert, and hopes to hit the ice again at the end of this month. Barberio said he's been working out with fellow organizational players Alex Killorn, Danick Gauthier and P.C. Labrie, among others.

"My body is pretty sore,'' Barberio said. "I've been walking around kind of sluggishly a little now.''

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad