Mario lemieux vs patrick kane. Better hands?

better hands

• mario

Votes: 178 71.5%
  • kane

Votes: 71 28.5%

• Total voters

StonebeatsMcdavid

Jul 3, 2020
Interesting poll. I love Kane but never saw prime Lemieux. Out of respect for Lemieux's talent, I can't vote. Definitely super curious to see the points of view of the people who've seen both of them. Also would love to see how Datsyuk fits in here.

Last edited:

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I think stickhandling is in favor of Kane, but there's no player in history that was better than Lemieux at putting the puck in the exact spot they wanted. Lemieux on a breakway or near the net was as guaranteed a goal as you could get.
Lemieux would receive a pass and look like he just effortlessly pushed it and it would go top corner for a goal.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Stick-handling and puck-skills certainly favour Kane, but Lemieux has about 2 ft. of reach on Kane and a much greater economy of movement.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I take hands to mean dekeing and stick handling and if thats the case I'll give it to Kane. Lemieux was better at everything else but Kane is probably the best stickhandler to ever play.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Both have great puck skills, but Mario gets the nod because he used his hands to fight too.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Well, I mean. Gonna have to go Lemieux here oddly enough..

I think alot of people did this as well and it's an automatic that Mario is better than Kane so surely he is better at everything right?......

Actually Kane has better "hands" IMO but alot of people are going to interpret hands as player overall.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think alot of people did this as well and it's an automatic that Mario is better than Kane so surely he is better at everything right?......

Actually Kane has better "hands" IMO but alot of people are going to interpret hands as player overall.

Lemieux beats anyone in the league’s history one on one.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
In a shootout going 2 mph with a modern composite stick? Patrick Kane

At game speed (often with a guy waterskiing off him)? Lemieux

Reactions: kk87

Hattrickkane88

Apr 11, 2019
So the answer here is technically Kane BUT because of Lemieux's size and reach his hands were more effective.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
His hands are more effective because of size and reach but pure stick handling skill the edge goes to Kane.

You obviously lost my sarcasm in my post.

Most people aren't even going to bother to analyze their instant reaction that Mario just has to be better at everything than Kane.

Hattrickkane88

Apr 11, 2019
You obviously lost my sarcasm in my post.

Most people aren't even going to bother to analyze their instant reaction that Mario just has to be better at everything than Kane.
yeah my bad, i tried to add my own sarcasm by restyling the exact same thing i already said as well :P

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Lemieux beats anyone in the league’s history one on one.

Agree. I think people forget that not only did he have legendary touch, hand eye, and vision, but he was also strong as a mule. That improves his hands quite a bit because he isn't losing many toss up battles while stickhandling.

Datsyuk was incredible, but I really though his edgework and skating was more impressive than his hands. You could stick check him and steal the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad