Speculation: Marincin or Klefbom who would you trade

The Perfect Human*

I see way more holes in Klefa's game than I do with Marincin. People were really stoked on him for showing strokes of genius at times in his short stint here last year - but there are tons of "average" looking tendencies in his game.

I think Marincin is the better passer, more dangerous 2-way threat, and has the size and skating ability to be a legit top-4 defenseman, if not even a top-pairing guy. I see Klefa easily going the way of Fayne. Not enough pure offensive ability to be the Seabrook type I had envisioned.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
We really need Marincin to get on the "Harrison Katz" diet. Seems like he has not put on much weight since we drafted him. If he can get up to 205-210 while keeping his mobility he will be a beast. I think Fayne will be the perfect partner for him.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
We really need Marincin to get on the "Harrison Katz" diet. Seems like he has not put on much weight since we drafted him. If he can get up to 205-210 while keeping his mobility he will be a beast. I think Fayne will be the perfect partner for him.

Send him to stay with Alfredo Penner for the summer.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Katz should have the Rexall guys develop some super drug that would add about 15 pounds of muscle on Marincin and RNH.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

I do too. Marincin can take more risks with Fayne as a steady partner.

Put Klefbom with Petry after some AHL time. Petry broke Marincin in and could do the same for Klefa.

Then put Schultz with Nikitin who is good defensively and give them earlier opposition

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Depends on the return regarding either.

But I think Klefbom would get a higher return, and I feel safer keeping Marincin as he has proven that he can handle playing in the NHL

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I see way more holes in Klefa's game than I do with Marincin. People were really stoked on him for showing strokes of genius at times in his short stint here last year - but there are tons of "average" looking tendencies in his game.

I think Marincin is the better passer, more dangerous 2-way threat, and has the size and skating ability to be a legit top-4 defenseman, if not even a top-pairing guy. I see Klefa easily going the way of Fayne. Not enough pure offensive ability to be the Seabrook type I had envisioned.

Klefbom is a much more raw player right now. If it weren't for injuries he'd be a pretty damn good player right now, but you can still see it's there. A full season in OKC would do him a lot of good, especially offensively. Playing him in the NHL right now he won't be taking risks which means he won't develop his offensive game and become more of a shutdown defenseman. That's why it was/is so important to have other players signed above him in the depth chart.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I let's remember how many young dmen look good playing limited games then crash and burn MDZ years ago was being praised now look at him

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Klefbom. I don't see a player with a tonne of upside there. And I think he might get a really good return. If you could package him and get a really good NHLer out of it. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I let's remember how many young dmen look good playing limited games then crash and burn MDZ years ago was being praised now look at him

Which is why we should keep both. Which ever one fails (if 1 does), will still be a serviceable bottom pairing guy.

Imagine trading 1 and that 1 busts while the other goes on to be 1st pairing.

I would only trade 1 if the D coming back was a major upgrade.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I have a feeling that Mac T will trade Marincin for a C. the board will not like it. I thin he values Klef a lot higher.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
noneoftheabove.jpg

I'd trade Petry, Ference, and Schultz before I'd considering trading Marincin and Klefbom.

Exactly my thoughts as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad