Speculation: Marincin or Klefbom who would you trade

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I know that Marincin had the better year but I would keep Klefbom he just has so much more that can help this team. He can play left or right side, has the size, very good at winning battles and so poised with the puck.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Where is the none of the above option.

Both have the potential to be top pairing types. Most top pairing types take a good 5-10 years to get there. You do not trade guys like this out of your organization unless you are sure they are not going to reach that potential.

If you HAVE to trade one, you trade Kelfbom. Just cause Marincin is further along in his development and the better player right now. Bird in the hand versus 2 in the bush.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'd actually pull a Tambo: keep both and wait and see what's actually there.

What's the best case scenario right now? Selling high on Marincin in case he's actually a dud and just got lucky for a stretch? The return isn't going to be worth it.

Risk of regretting it outweighs any potential immediate returns in both cases.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
whoever gets me a sick return,

#takeittothebank

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
We would NEVER trade either of these.

We'd trade Schultz as a 'prospect' before these pair..

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Justin Schultz. Id rather have a competent dmen who are good at defense and moving the puck than one who who is bad at defense and can move the puck.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
We have too many left D prospects, but I wouldn't trade either at this point. Keep the competition tight so they have to push each other for jobs. When we get one of the big 3 LD's (Nurse, Marincin, Klefbom) trade value high and another looks clearly ready to step in and take over, move one then not before. If we are going to prune a LD I'd prefer one from the bottom of our group (looking in Musil and Gernat's general direction).

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
i like them both too much and would be crushed if either was moved. Would much rather move a Musil/Gernat and a 2nd or something instead in a trade.

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
I think Klefbom nets a better return and its funny because I think Marincin is the better hockey player. But I'm always biased towards Martin, I've been routing for the kid since we first signed him. Ideally, hold onto both. Realistically, I have to believe that one of Marincin, Klefbom, or Schultz is going to be traded. soon.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Unless it was for a bonafide top 2 Center with size or in a package for an established top pair defenseman I am not moving either of them, no chance.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Marincin was solid for half a season and Klefbom looked great in his call up. It's honestly to hard to call at the moment. They both have lots of upside, to bad one of them couldn't play on the right side

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hopefully neither, and we trade Schultz.

Marincin is already an NHL D, no rmore waiting for him, hes arrived. Klefbom is not far behind, and could be in the NHL with a good preseason.

Last year the goal was to move one to acquire an actual NHL D, well both are that now

McStimperi

Apr 6, 2012
Finland
Neither one of them, please. They do not have enough value to justify a trade for now, and could prove to be solid for us for years to come.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Marincin will be the poster boy for Oilers development if he turns out next season. He is a rare, rare win for Stu.

Drafted out of the 1st round, project pick, developed 2 years in junior followed by 1.5 seasons in the AHL before NHL.

Klefbom as well. I hope he gets some more AHL time though. 2 rare wins for the Oilers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad