Marian Gaborik appreciation thread

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
He was a beast in the playoffs. I loved that all of his goal celebrations were of him sprawled on the ice, he just didn't give up.

Best of luck and Happy Birthday, Ferrari!

SutterHi5.gif

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
Gaborik and M. Richards were two of my top 5 favorite non-Kings before joining us. Was beyond ecstatic when both came on board and impact they manage to have on the team before trailing off. Gaborik from his first year never managed great health. The guy was one of the best goal scorers in the entire league when healthy though.

Hope for nothing part the best for him.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I don't toss this around, but he's a Kings legend since they don't come close to sniffing the Cup in 2014 without him. He has also not been total garbage since then as he potted 27 goals in 2015. You'd be surprised to see his goal totals from first Kings game to last game of the 2015 season.

I'm a Gaborik apologist and still held out hope for this season. I looked to be right but, sadly, it just looks like his body can't take the grind of an NHL season. He looked good at the start this season since he came in fresh but it has been all downhill once he settled in to the grind.

Father Time always wins eventually but I think he still would have been useful if he didn't take that knee-on-knee hit in 2016. The combo of a serious knee injury and age seems to have zapped his speed which renders him nearly useless.

Regardless, he's a stud and I'd totally be fine with a Gaborik Night at Staples even though he didn't play here for very long. He means that much to this franchise since 2014 doesn't happen without him.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I don't toss this around, but he's a Kings legend since they don't come close to sniffing the Cup in 2014 without him. He has also not been total garbage since then as he potted 27 goals in 2015. You'd be surprised to see his goal totals from first Kings game to last game of the 2015 season.

I'm a Gaborik apologist and still held out hope for this season. I looked to be right but, sadly, it just looks like his body can't take the grind of an NHL season. He looked good at the start this season since he came in fresh but it has been all downhill once he settled in to the grind.

Father Time always wins eventually but I think he still would have been useful if he didn't take that knee-on-knee hit in 2016. The combo of a serious knee injury and age seems to have zapped his speed which renders him nearly useless.

Regardless, he's a stud and I'd totally be fine with a Gaborik Night at Staples even though he didn't play here for very long. He means that much to this franchise since 2014 doesn't happen without him.
What Big King said...

Reactions: KingTrouty

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
man that ducks series, kopi and gaborik were outrageous

kinda makes me laugh how many of those goals ended up with a ducks cheapshot after the puck was already in too

Lol I was thinking the same thing everytime he scored he ended on the ice. Man good times good times.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
It is crazy that before we obtained them Gaborik and Richard's were two of my favorite non Kings in the league. Both were top 3-5 favorites and still find it incredible in a short span we got both and they played big roles in getting us cups. Pretty awesome

Young Gaborik was incredible

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
It is crazy that before we obtained them Gaborik and Richard's were two of my favorite non Kings in the league. Both were top 3-5 favorites and still find it incredible in a short span we got both and they played big roles in getting us cups. Pretty awesome

Young Gaborik was incredible

It's to bad the Kings decided to spend their cap money on Ryan $myth in the summer of 09 instead of Gaborik, he and Kopitar would have done some pretty special things playing in their primes together, it all worked out five years later but it would would have been fun to see Kopitar get to play with a fellow elite forward.

MAJR

May 9, 2020
Don't forget Gabby's Game 7 tying goal vs Chicago. His goals alone, which easily led the team, would have been good for 5th in team points. IMO he should have been awarded the Smythe. Come at me! Lol

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Don't forget Gabby's Game 7 tying goal vs Chicago. His goals alone, which easily led the team, would have been good for 5th in team points. IMO he should have been awarded the Smythe. Come at me! Lol

It should have been him or Doughty, IMO. But you couldn't have gone wrong giving it to Kopitar either.

The media loved the Mr. Game 7 thing, and take nothing away from Williams as he was great, but there were better players that run.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
It should have been him or Doughty, IMO. But you couldn't have gone wrong giving it to Kopitar either.

The media loved the Mr. Game 7 thing, and take nothing away from Williams as he was great, but there were better players that run.

I was honestly surprised at the time. I thought for sure it was going to be Doughty, Kopi or Gabby. When they announced Willie I was like, okay, I can see it, but F it I don't care! Bring that Cup out baby!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad