Marek Svatos Attending Camp

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
You didn't really answer my question.

If his spot on the team is as a checking line player, would he be valuable in a checking line role?

No. I guess I see what you're saying, but I guess if he is impressive enough he can fill a spot for one of our injured players, and then we go from there.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Didn't Wolski, Mueller and Svatos all play on the same team/line for Colorado at one point?

Tallon must've really enjoyed watching that team because he's given all three guys a chance now.

same team, yeah, but not the same line. Wolski and Mueller were traded for each other.

Svatos may have played with Wolski, but not Mueller.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
Supposedly he had really high ups after his first season with the Avalanche, I guess a lot of people expected him to excel even more than 32 goals, but after he got hurt it ruined all of those hopes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Jj5u81OQU

He seems to make good plays and handle the puck pretty well, I don't know why so many of you are expecting him not to make the team, if he is healthy and saying he is healed, he is young enough to restart his career, especially with the Panthers, Mueller is trying to do it, and all of you were happy about that... right?

you're comparing apples and oranges.

Mueller is 24, and showed incredible promise recently, only to be derailed by serious concussion issues. He legitimately has tons of upside yet.

Svatos is 30...and his game was in a steady decline even before his serious injury.

they're not comparable situations

i'm not saying he "can't" regain form, just that it's a longshot, whereas if Mueller can stay healthy, i'd almost expect him to regain his form of a few years ago.

we lose nothing in bringing him in here, more competition. if he earns a role on the team, awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad