Marek Svatos Attending Camp

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if bergenheim, matthias, and goc all wont be able to start the season, and he performs well enough, he could slot in at 3rd line rw. so funny when i read that tweet, forgot he still exists haha havent heard his name in a longgg time.

Fleischmann-Weiss-Versteeg
Huberdeau-Mueller-Upshall
Kopecky-Santorelli-Svatos
Parros-Smithson-Skille

Erick*

Didn't Wolski, Mueller and Svatos all play on the same team/line for Colorado at one point?

Tallon must've really enjoyed watching that team because he's given all three guys a chance now.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Well, he's a body.

Unfortunately it seems like the injuries in his past have really hurt his career. Don't know if he has anything left int he tank to seriously contribute. Hasn't really been relavent in the hockey world for what seems like ages...

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
The only intriguing thing here is that he took a year off to heal from injuries. Perhaps injuries really plagued him for a long time? If he is feeling 100% he could be rejuvenated.

The catch is that we've all heard these same stories before. I am not expecting much of anything, but if he feels good and makes it worth our while to sign him in camp, then what the heck.

No harm in exploring this.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Well Florida is the place to get chances if you're under 30 and have a bad injury history and are european

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Maybe he can be effective on the powerplay..

Otherwise, he's pretty small. Don't know how much of an impact he can be at this point in his career.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I guess I'm ok with this as long as he's not preventing someone else more worthwhile from a spot. He hasn't had a relatively healthy season in four years, so I'm not sure how much playing time he'd actually see. I liked his play when the Avs had some of their good runs in the playoffs, but that was quite awhile ago.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I hope he makes your guys' team, ****ing love that guy.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
I hope he is able to make it. That way we dont have to burn a year of the ELC from our young guys and we can develop him in AHL so that we can put him in next year..Still dont think that any other than Shore could make the team

Erick*

Also, I highly doubt Svatos would be valuable on a checking line. Isn't he another one of the top-6 or bust type of players.

Smaller winger who could succeed with playmakers around him/otherwise useless?

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Also, I highly doubt Svatos would be valuable on a checking line. Isn't he another one of the top-6 or bust type of players.

Smaller winger who could succeed with playmakers around him/otherwise useless?

Supposedly he had really high ups after his first season with the Avalanche, I guess a lot of people expected him to excel even more than 32 goals, but after he got hurt it ruined all of those hopes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Jj5u81OQU

He seems to make good plays and handle the puck pretty well, I don't know why so many of you are expecting him not to make the team, if he is healthy and saying he is healed, he is young enough to restart his career, especially with the Panthers, Mueller is trying to do it, and all of you were happy about that... right?

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I think the major pessimism stems from the fact he hasn't been an impact player since the 2005 season. That was a LONG time ago.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Didn't Wolski, Mueller and Svatos all play on the same team/line for Colorado at one point?

Tallon must've really enjoyed watching that team because he's given all three guys a chance now.

No. Wolski was traded for Mueller back in 2010.

Erick*

Supposedly he had really high ups after his first season with the Avalanche, I guess a lot of people expected him to excel even more than 32 goals, but after he got hurt it ruined all of those hopes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Jj5u81OQU

He seems to make good plays and handle the puck pretty well, I don't know why so many of you are expecting him not to make the team, if he is healthy and saying he is healed, he is young enough to restart his career, especially with the Panthers, Mueller is trying to do it, and all of you were happy about that... right?

You didn't really answer my question.

If his spot on the team is as a checking line player, would he be valuable in a checking line role?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad