Former Bruins Marcus Johansson - Sabres sign forward Marcus Johansson to two-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don’t Think i have seen him win a 50-50 battle yet

Talented guy but he is soft...he plays timid...can’t really blame him for it though since he is one hit away from maybe becoming another Savard...but if we go on a long run I doubt he’s around for it he is seriously prone to injury

It's one thing to be timid, but it's another to continually skate with your head down in the defensive zone. He's lucky, underscore lucky that he survived that hit last night without injury when Conor Brown just leveled him.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Again, he's not a "third line" player. He needs to play with Krejci and JDB. He needs to move the puck around and create. Not working with 13 and 43, although those two played very well (Mojo not so much)

You've seen him much more than the rest of us, so I'm inclined to agree with you. I wonder if instead of playing him with Krejci and DeBrusk, they could go with Johansson-Krejci-Pastrnak. I'm not sure if that line has been tried out at all. Maybe go with something like this:

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen
Johansson-Krejci-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Coyle-Kuhlman/Backes
Nordstrom/Backes-Acciari-Wagner

Reactions: NDiesel and TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You've seen him much more than the rest of us, so I'm inclined to agree with you. I wonder if instead of playing him with Krejci and DeBrusk, they could go with Johansson-Krejci-Pastrnak. I'm not sure if that line has been tried out at all. Maybe go with something like this:

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen

I really like those lines :thumbu: Even more so when Kuraly comes back and can be on the 4th line.

Gives the Bruins a true finisher on 3 different lines.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Marchand-Bergeron-Heinen

Yes those are the types. I mean Coyle and Heinen should be good enough but it just isn't working and he is better when the line throws the puck to each other a lot. Now, playoffs, may not be as much room, but I love your lines.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I thought he was excellent for his first game back. That spinning pass to Coyle in the first was Pasta-esque. I'd love to see MoJo play with Krejci and Pasta but will settle for Krejci and DeBrusk.

Loved the pass he made to Backes but it likely would't have been an easy glove save for Andersen if that pass was to Krejci or DeBrusk .

BruinsNetwork

I thought he was excellent for his first game back. That spinning pass to Coyle in the first was Pasta-esque. I'd love to see MoJo play with Krejci and Pasta but will settle for Krejci and DeBrusk.

Think a lot of people forget just how high-end of a talent this guy is in the NHL. He demonstrated that ability and skill tonight for sure. Hopefully he comes out and brings that deft touch and skill in Game 5.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Best game as a Bruins

Block shot must sting

He did block that shot, to the best of his ability. Credit.

But, can anyone inform as to what Johanson brings? Coyle has contributed. "Mojo" is either injured or sick. Which is, I know, unfair.

But like a few guys I might mention, I really don't know what he's doing for this team, now or in future.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

But, can anyone inform as to what Johanson brings? Coyle has contributed. "Mojo" is either injured or sick. Which is, I know, unfair.

But like a few guys I might mention, I really don't know what he's doing for this team, now or in future.
He was good tonite.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Solid game; I feel that he would be a strong fit going forward with:

Mojo--Krejci--Pasta
March-Bergy--DeBrusk (I like him on RW)

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Think a lot of people forget just how high-end of a talent this guy is in the NHL. He demonstrated that ability and skill tonight for sure. Hopefully he comes out and brings that deft touch and skill in Game 5.

Also nice flip pass to Backes for the breakaway

Must stay away from shooting at Andersen gloveside

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

He gives opponents one more guy to worry about .

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

He plays hockey better than the other options in the system

Reactions: rocketdan9

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

He created the two best scoring chances the Bruins had that they didn't score on. Coyle being one of the guys who didn't capitalise.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He created the two best scoring chances the Bruins had that they didn't score on. Coyle being one of the guys who didn't capitalise.
he sees things on the ice most don`t and creates but my biggest concern with him, especially with some concussion issues is far too often he reaches for the puck completely opening himself up to a big hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad