Former Bruins Marcus Johansson - Sabres sign forward Marcus Johansson to two-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Honestly, I've read your posts now for a while. You like me and many here love for our B's players to take the initiative like Ferland did. If Ferland were a Bruin, and MoJo was a WhalerCane wouldn't we be celebrating that kind of hit?!?!
agreed, and if he had of passed up the hit to try to play the puck which led to an opponents goal, fans here would be screaming at him for doing so.

The hit was textbook perfect and clean, unfortunate result. Mojo saw it coming, and seemed to lean into it himself and took the worst of it

Reactions: Maine Fan and lopey

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good to see him score but that collision with Krech was nasty. He zigged when he should have zagged. Like to see him replace Backes on the power play, he was good on the PP with the Caps.
The problem with him replacing Backes on the PP is DB plants himself in front of the net and really isn`t a key to the PP as far as puck movement goes. I`ll be honest, I`d plant Kuhlman in DB`s spot, you don`t have to be 6`3 to be a pain in the arse for the goalie

Reactions: Estlin

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Terrible take. Couldn’t disagree more.
I like this player a lot but he is being used on the wrong line! He will do nothing on any line below the second. You might as well bring up Senishyn or any other offensive player and throw him on the bottom six. If this team plays as soft and slow as they did tonight with Rask in net it will be over in four!

Reactions: missingchicklet

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
I like this player a lot but he is being used on the wrong line! He will do nothing on any line below the second. You might as well bring up Senishyn or any other offensive player and throw him on the bottom six. If this team plays as soft and slow as they did tonight with Rask in net it will be over in four!

The Leafs have as many chances to win in 4 than for the Habs to win the Cup.

But I agree that Johansson should be put with Krejci on the 2nd line.

Let’s see how Cassidy adjust to his questionable game 1 roster decisions.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I normally dont post when I got nothing at all to say

in this case I hope we see what this guy has to give us before his time with us runs out. im getting bad vibes of sergei gonchar and al iafrate and even kevin stevens to some extent

too often guys come here and I want to enjoy them... and then it just underwhelms

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I normally dont post when I got nothing at all to say

in this case I hope we see what this guy has to give us before his time with us runs out. im getting bad vibes of sergei gonchar and al iafrate and even kevin stevens to some extent

too often guys come here and I want to enjoy them... and then it just underwhelms

Hes injured how effective can you be after a shot like that considering his past hits

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He’s like...really bad at avoiding hits. Has his head buried in the ice way too often and pays the price.

It sucks because his first stretch of games in a Bruins uniform was EXACTLY what the top 6 needed to be more than a “one line team”. The initial injury has completely changed how he plays IMO

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
I don't want to use the word "soft", but he puts himself in position to get himself hurt a lot.

I don’t Think i have seen him win a 50-50 battle yet

Talented guy but he is soft...he plays timid...can’t really blame him for it though since he is one hit away from maybe becoming another Savard...but if we go on a long run I doubt he’s around for it he is seriously prone to injury

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I don’t Think i have seen him win a 50-50 battle yet

Talented guy but he is soft...he plays timid...can’t really blame him for it though since he is one hit away from maybe becoming another Savard...but if we go on a long run I doubt he’s around for it he is seriously prone to injury

I agree

and if there is one more critical thing to add, is the poor coverage on Nylander last night. He was the 1st one back, covering for Grz I believe

but just waived his stick on the long pass , while Nylander blew past him. So this was a positioning error

Next game I hope to see his best game of his career

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Again, he's not a "third line" player. He needs to play with Krejci and JDB. He needs to move the puck around and create. Not working with 13 and 43, although those two played very well (Mojo not so much)

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Again, he's not a "third line" player. He needs to play with Krejci and JDB. He needs to move the puck around and create. Not working with 13 and 43, although those two played very well (Mojo not so much)
Agreed - they should give him Khulman's spot and bring Backes up to the third line. The only difficulty would be someone playing their off side. . .

63, 37, 88
74, 46, 90
43, 13, 42
14, 55, 20

. . . until they shuffle completely and break up the super line.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Agreed - they should give him Khulman's spot and bring Backes up to the third line. The only difficulty would be someone playing their off side. . .

63, 37, 88
74, 46, 90
43, 13, 42
14, 55, 20

. . . until they shuffle completely and break up the super line.
Yep, this is the right combo given what they have currently.

I said it for week prior to the playoffs starting, but 43-13-42, while they might not score, would be a monster posession line, and could wear down the Leafs controlling the play in their own zone.

Two guys in Coyle and Backes who are hard on the puck, and a third in Heinen who is a smart player and typically won't make a poor play.

Maybe they can even pot a goal or two.

Reactions: McGarnagle

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Yep, this is the right combo given what they have currently.

I said it for week prior to the playoffs starting, but 43-13-42, while they might not score, would be a monster posession line, and could wear down the Leafs controlling the play in their own zone.

Two guys in Coyle and Backes who are hard on the puck, and a third in Heinen who is a smart player and typically won't make a poor play.

Maybe they can even pot a goal or two.
Toronto's biggest weakness is when the puck gets deep in their zone - that line could kill them at that.

It's no wonder Coyle looked as good as he did last night, he's built to feed off of that kind of defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoBs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad